Have you played Half-life?

Fender357 said:
I have beaten Half-Life 38 times. Mostly medium and hard. I can beat it on hard in one sitting in 3 hours.

Think of all that time wasted.

Take a long hard look and say.............why?

I played through it about 16 times throughout, I stopped playing it somewhere in between about 163 as well, but thats when my HL folder gets corrupt with random shit and have to reinstall it.
I'm kind of fed up with the original, all my energy is focused on the sequel. In the mean time put HL sound files onto your desktop.
Nothing is more satisfying than hearing Gman sayin, "Time to choose" when given a yes/no popup question.
And, "This is happening cause of you scientist" when an error message pops up

I see im not alone in my hatred for that goddamn On a Rail level
AARRGGH i freakin hate that crapass level
if it was either one tenth as long, or not in the game at all i would of been WAY happier

PS anyone remember that part in Doom 3 where you were on a kind of rail system like in HL, and you had to go around on it to get to different rooms - that bit sucks, i mean seriously, its as if they put these parts in thinking they are a fun and novel change of pace

fantasiser said:
PS anyone remember that part in Doom 3 where you were on a kind of rail system like in HL, and you had to go around on it to get to different rooms - that bit sucks, i mean seriously, its as if they put these parts in thinking they are a fun and novel change of pace

Seriously though, i think they do think it works...... :rolling:

Maybe we should email these so-called "developers" about their mistakes in design..... :imu:

I think I've played through hl about a dozen times, op4 something like five and blue shift three. But I'm telling you, that's not hardcore. I still haven't beaten it in under three hours. When I first saw that 30 min speedrun I was totally paralyzed. I haven't tried to run it through as fast as I can yet though, I'll have to try that some time. Anyway the guy is insane!

I've finished HL three times and OF and BS once. I still remember the first moment that caused me to be so into HL and HL2. Before that moment I've heard of HL and CS but it didn't interest me because it's from 1998 so the games of this time are much better. But in april 2003 I was watching a tv show about games (GameKings for the people in Holland who can see it). And they showed a short HL2 movie with that large flying thing that you shoot with 2 rpg's. I was stunned, look how the car wrecks moved when the gunship hit them, and how various parts of the car rattled when they were it by the bullets. And when the gunship was going down in your direction and pushed the car wrecks away I thought one thing, I must have this game!

But I thought if I want to follow the storyline of HL2 I have finish HL1. And one time when I was in a store I accidentally saw HL Generation on the shelf for only €20, so I bought that immediately and finished first HL, then OF and after that BS. And now I understand that good graphics is nice but it isn't really necessary for a good atmospheric game experience.

played HL waaay back in 98 when it first came out on my pentium 200 mmx. was the best fps then, and still is now :D

I'm playing through it one last time. Including this one I must have finished it about 5 times. Finished OP4 about 4 times, and never played Blue Shift.

i feel left out.... as soon as i get my ce i'm going to play hl:s so that i can experience what i missed out on.....

Back