Votes: 4 7.5%
  • Considering checking it out.

Votes: 4 7.5%
  • Varg is a radioactive monkey! (Other)

Votes: 5 9.4%

• Total voters

Varg|Hund

Reaction score
So, any of you played Vampire: The Masquerade - Redemption?

I played it once, long ago. Still got it laying around somewhere among all my games. I'm considering reinstalling it and having a go, just to get in the right mindset for Bloodlines ;)
All in all, a very average game. Got it's awful parts, but also it's brilliant parts (fighting the leader of the Society of Leopold was great :E). Not really anything I'd strongly recommend, tbh. Very dated by now.

Well, what did you think about the game? Yes, you!

Never heard of it.

I'll consider checking it out. :)

that radioactive option was quite tempting.
Varg, its affected u, hasn't it?! :p

I heard it sucked, so I have not bothered with it.

I voted played the demo, because I only played a bit of the first part of the game with a copy I borrowed from a friend (who loves it incidentally). Didn't like it much.

The game has absolutely nothing to do with bloodlines (except the Vampire: The Masquerade setting, but they butchured the setting in redemption) and were made by different people. It was a horrible game. Though I heard the multi-player was neat.

Actually the single player was good, the graphics were jawdropping at the time, and the story with the fact that half the game was in medievel times and the rest modern times was great.
Maybe bloodlines will be better, but redemption was a fairly good RPG.

I never did, but Varg is a radioactive monkey!!

I played through Redemption. I enjoyed the singleplayer, but the ending was crap.

I played the game. At least some.
Played a little, got tired. Played some more. Removed it.
Thinking of playing the game now, along with Half-Life. rawr.

Varg|Hund said:
So, any of you played Vampire: The Masquerade - Redemption?

I played it once, long ago. Still got it laying around somewhere among all my games. I'm considering reinstalling it and having a go, just to get in the right mindset for Bloodlines ;)
All in all, a very average game. Got it's awful parts, but also it's brilliant parts (fighting the leader of the Society of Leopold was great :E). Not really anything I'd strongly recommend, tbh. Very dated by now.

Well, what did you think about the game? Yes, you!
i played it and loved it.

Played it back in 2000/1 Holy shit! That was a long time ago!

Played it, and for that time is was really a nice looking game. Verry nice indeed.
Surely the gameplay and so wasn't really much and the story was plain crazy(sure, butcher the Cappadocians, and get forgiven for that and a cappadocian coterie member!) but it was fun while using cheats. :)

If your system was able to handle it, you could play Redemption so that your characters would each cast four shadows. For its day, Redemption was the most atmospheric, graphically gorgeous game I had ever played.

The gameplay was action rpg with major rpg elements.

In fact, I'm assuming that Bloodlines will be a modern version of Redemption, except the gameplay will be much more open ended. Much of Redemption revolved around the clans, and the gameplay relied heavily on the use of Disciplines - this is exactly how Bloodlines will play.

The initial release of Redemption was profoundly hampered by a poor save-game system, which was addressed (too late, for many) in a patch.

If you play the Redemption before Bloodlines, then make sure you patch it first.

Oh yeah - and I was one of the few people who loved Redemption. I mean, I loved it.

WabeWalker said:
Oh yeah - and I was one of the few people who loved Redemption. I mean, I loved it.
I spent A LOT of time on that game...

Back