Having parties sucks

I always thing of the generic american cheerleading chick-flick style of parties when I read stuff like this. People just raid the house and **** the place up.

Me and my friends used to go to parties, then we stopped because shit always happens.

Once a party got raided by the police, guns drawn to our heads, handcuffed, and sat on the curb for an hour and they never told us why.

At another, my brother lost 2 of his friends because some **** mooks mistook them for someone else and shot them dead. Never found the killers

And another, i lost a friend, he was shot twice in the back with a shotgun. Never found his killers either.

I only go to parties where i know shit won't happen, which is pretty hard to find.

what, the, hell

This is probably the most horrifying post I've read on any forum anywhere. That's INSANE.

You show you live in Southern California.

Do you live inside the Corcoran or something?

I hate parties. Whenever I go its usually just boring, awkward, and pointless. I enjoy doing stuff as a group, but not just standing around and talking.

small gatherings with some friends > full blown party with people you've never seen before

Yep!

My "Parties" I go to usually consist of at most 10 people or so. Its a blast, we sit around, laughing, playing video games, talking, ect.

I don't see why anyone would want to have one of the parties filled with people you have never met and loud music.

Urgh I hate loud music at parties, because every time someone talks to you, you have no idea what they are saying and you have to start doing that obviously fake laugh when they starting nodding and laughing too. Urgh noes horrible.

Urgh I hate loud music at parties, because every time someone talks to you, you have no idea what they are saying and you have to start doing that obviously fake laugh when they starting nodding and laughing too. Urgh noes horrible.

It's like a sitcom!

I've had 4 parties at my house and all of them were under control. Biggest party i had, had about 60 people in my house and it went really well. What you don;t want is idiots running around telling everyone about your party and telling them to invite their friends which you don't know...i've seen it destroy many houses.

Also, try getting a bouncer, i hear they charge around 10$ an hour.

We have a thing going in my house when people want to party. It's a high-rise with 18 floors, only student apartments. We you want a part, you just open the door, turn up to volume and wait. The neighbours are the first ones to come, but you can also hear the music while taking the elevator. So people looking for a party just jumps on the elevator and stops at the floor with the highest volume :)

My neighbour had a party one time and I was on my way to another party, but I felt a little lonely so I just played music really loud so the people next door would hear (even if they played loud) so I ended up having a party at my place. I had to phone the people I was going to so they came to my place instead :) A good stereo helps alot!

I live with my five closest friends and we pretty much have parties a few times a week. Yeah people can be disrespectful, but you just gotta be able to kick them out when it comes down to it, or even call the cops on your own party.

Mind you, i have officially been baned from having parties at my house. Spilling bear and, what looks like, red liquor on 5 grand's worth of new cream carpeting doesnt help with the whole 'convincing your parents' conversation...

But now im at Uni. Halls ftw!

Yep!

My "Parties" I go to usually consist of at most 10 people or so. Its a blast, we sit around, laughing, playing video games, talking, ect.

I don't see why anyone would want to have one of the parties filled with people you have never met and loud music.
That's a kickback not a party.

Not that there's anything wrong with kickbacks but there's kickbacks every day at least around here :cheers:. Parties are weekend events or just less often.

Hehe yeah, the "I have no idea what you just said but I'm sure it was hi-lar-i-ous!"-laugh. Not just with loud music but also with people who never learned2talk. Sometimes you even throw in a "Yeah I see, hehe" or a "Yeah, I understand" which is a gamble because you don't know if it made any sense.

i would never have a party at my house

Hehe yeah, the "I have no idea what you just said but I'm sure it was hi-lar-i-ous!"-laugh. Not just with loud music but also with people who never learned2talk. Sometimes you even throw in a "Yeah I see, hehe" or a "Yeah, I understand" which is a gamble because you don't know if it made any sense.
Exactly. The only real reason I go to parties is because of the food. Hamburgers, hotdogs, escargots; it's all good. :D

if it were me, i would of told everyone to go home the second it was getting out of hand. if they didnt leave i would of called the cops to kick their ass out.

if it were me, i would of told everyone to go home the second it was getting out of hand. if they didnt leave i would of called the cops to kick their ass out.

actually that's what I did. When the hole in the wall was discovered, everyone who was not a close friend to me was immediately expeled(except of course any of the honies that wanted to stay. :smoking:

I remenber my brother made a party here where everybody of his classroom come and hired a DJ and stuff like that since it was the "prom" party (considering they havent finished school yet,also that "no one else hav the house avaible so it will be in yours" which I think was bullshit cuz my house is ****ing small compared to other ones) and I was in my room anoyed by the music and my cat got scared and my mom was from one side to another one,and in the next day there was a whole mess,the whole floor was wet like if hav rain inside the house or soemthing like that

I never felt the desire of make a party in my house,and the parties I go are only whit the closest friends and we do lot of funny stuff whitout damaging the house

my tip is only invite people you know AND trust,cuz you may know someone but if you know that person is dangerous in partyes then it better not be invited

I've only hosted a few parties but nothing horribly bad happened and we all had a good time.

First off...it was at my parents' house (I was home for the summer for an internship) and they had no knowledge that it even happened.

First things first, anything you care about being broken, move to a locked room. Also make sure you only invite people you know and if they invite people, make sure that they don't invite anybody.

When people do show up just make sure you keep everybody's shit in a place you trust (just in case you have a thief among the crowd). Also (as Seinfeld as this is...) give your closer friends small jobs. Have somebody watch out for various things around your house that you're worried about. If you realize something might be getting out of hand just either intervene yourself or have a friend do it (if you're busy).

I had at least 6 people spend the night after my party ended and they all helped clean up in the morning (mostly just cans and cleaning of some sticky counters as any spills I cleaned up on the spot).

Anyways, those of you saying you don't like going to parties where you don't know anybody...I say nuts to that. If you go to one of those parties (and it's not already going on), take a deck of cards and find a table, and just sit and start shuffling. I guarantee some people will start to sit down and want to play a card/drinking game.

Besides, if you don't go where there are some people you don't know...how are you supposed to meet/make new friends?

For those wondering if what i said is true, its completely 100% true. Hard to imagine isn't it.

I'd like to give specifics on my situation, but theres too much to fit into here, so i'll create another thread about it later...

I love parties.

Just make sure next time you only invite people you know. I've hosted a few at my old flat, and been to loads recently (housewarming mostly)

Gonna throw our own housewarming party soon :D will be aceee

I do that too.

I never call random people to come.

Back