Having trouble with steam? look here!

Jonz0r

Reaction score
Hello
Ive seen so many people having problems with steam so tell you a few things which normaly work for me.

Delete ClientRegistry.blob located in C:\Program Files\Valve\Steam

Delete platform.gcf Located in C:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\Steamapps\

If your CS has got really laggy or your keys have been messed with delete your config.cfg then you will have to bind all your buttons again in options. Some nasty admin might of slow hacked you.

Also try searching in steam supprt section:
http://support.steampowered.com/cgi-bin/steampowered.cfg/php/enduser/std_alp.php

u need to put title like this "need help with steam? look here" because by the title it looked like u had a problem

What does that ClientRegistry.blob do anyway? It's like an appendix, no reason for it to be there, yet it is and it keeps screwing up and needing to be removed.

JellyWorld said:
What does that ClientRegistry.blob do anyway? It's like an appendix, no reason for it to be there, yet it is and it keeps screwing up and needing to be removed.
It keeps the URL's to the Steam servers and the server closest to you and lots of other stuff.

It stores locations and such. On deletion, it will reget all the values on where everything needs to be.

Basically if I move my steam file that was one one computer C:\Program files\Steam\fileshere I move it onto another computer C:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\fileshere

what will happen is, the client registry will look at C:\Program Files\Steam\fileshere instead of C:\Program files\Valve\Steam\fileshere. When you delete it, it will refind where it is and where everything should be. Thats only one of the things it does. But basically it stores important information needed by steam.

one thing it does is stores what games you have and whether you ticked remember me. Then if you want to play games offline it uses clientregistry.blob to know what games you have.
The other thing it does is keep all this useless information that never gets used and wastes space.
The best way to fix steam is delete it. As a programmer I can tell you that steam is one of the worst programs I have ever seen, it is the a very bad waste of resources, it has all this junk written in that it never uses and takes forever to do nothing.

jarro_2783 said:
one thing it does is stores what games you have and whether you ticked remember me. Then if you want to play games offline it uses clientregistry.blob to know what games you have.
The other thing it does is keep all this useless information that never gets used and wastes space.
The best way to fix steam is delete it. As a programmer I can tell you that steam is one of the worst programs I have ever seen, it is the a very bad waste of resources, it has all this junk written in that it never uses and takes forever to do nothing.
Lol maybe you should post a complaint ticket at Steam Support, maybe they'll listen to you and Steam will finally work a bit better (Not meant sarcastic)

oh yeah!!!!! :O :O :O :O :O
What a good idea, why didn't I think of that before. Maybe we should all post a support ticket about how bad we think steam is and they might fix it for us.

jarro_2783 said:
oh yeah!!!!! :O :O :O :O :O
What a good idea, why didn't I think of that before. Maybe we should all post a support ticket about how bad we think steam is and they might fix it for us.
Well, complaining won't do anything, but as a programmer you're able to point out flaws, something not much of us can do :D

Back