HB 2 Impressions

MJ12

The Freeman
Reaction score
"Zombie you stupid guy we have a Hellboy Thre-"

Anyways, this is a rating thread I guess? This is my 2 cents.
I saw this with my family opening night while visiting my Broder in Cali.
Definitely more bad than good. Pretty much everyone agreed.

Good:

Johann Krauss was done awesomely well (although a bit annoying) I think he made a good part of the movie. I liked how the little mouth piece things would move when he'd talk much like the mandibles of a crab move on it's mouth.

Liked the monsters, loved Chetzar's creation. (The Squarheaded dude near the entrance of the king)

Loved the troll market, reminded me of the cantina.

Bad:

Acting, Dialogue, Acting, Dialogue, and did I mention acting and Dialogue? Terrible.

I understand it's a comicbook movie and it's going to have cheesy dialogue, but it wasn't that. Hellboy 1 had that, and it was just fine.
The dialogue between the princess and Abe? I have no problem with a love story, but come the **** on, that was the worst, most contrived comic book movie love story I have ever seen, written horribly.

And when did Selma Blair suck that much at acting? I remember her being good in HB1, ugh, so much of that was so lame, like the part where she starts chanting something to gain more fire control?

And finally, so much of the movie felt forced, rushed and contrived, they had everything for it to be a great movie, but they ruined it. I felt it gave a bad name to the Graphic Novels, especially since it's not as well known as Batman, or Spider-Man so many people I feel will write of Hellboy as being lame because of this movie.

I hope I'll watch this again and enjoy it more.
(sorry if any sentences were screwy, I just got off my flight and haven't slept in a long time)

Zombie you stupid guy we have a Hellboy Thre-

Meh, that review seemed really vague.

And what was up with little Hellboy? He was so annoying and lame, he was the darn cutest thing in the Novels.

Back