HDRI for CS S ?

Dodo

Tank
Reaction score
is there a way to get HDRI in counter-strike ? id like to play de_dust with HDRI ;) ...

Dodo said:
is there a way to get HDRI in counter-strike ? id like to play de_dust with HDRI ;) ...

I heard about HDR, what does "I" stand for in HDRI?

Where does HDRI stand for??¿¿?? yes maybe I'am a noob lol :p

High Dynamic Range Image.

It's too complicated to explain but basically it's just a high tech way to do Blooming effects and make the lighting look more realistic.

You mean like the effect that's in Garry's Mod? Er, I dunno if you can get that working IN CS S itself.

Q_onfused said:
You mean like the effect that's in Garry's Mod? Er, I dunno if you can get that working IN CS S itself.

The "bloom" in Garry's Mod v8 is not HDR. It's like the bloom mod released for HL2 in that it is a post processing filter that applies to each frame as it's rendered.

Real HDR is much more complicated, and realistic. I don't quite understand how it's rendered, but it looks a lot better than the bloom effects being used so far.

If you want to see an example of real HDR, check out this website. It is a rendering engine that shows off HDR in real time, and is possibly the most realistic real time 3D graphics I've ever seen.

The Lost Coast mission VALVe is releasing later this year will incorperate HDR rendering into the engine, and you will be able to see what it's all about.

My avatar is using real HDR :D
And I think most cs maps would look awesome with HDR, but I guess we'd have to wait for Valve or a mod group to do that...

Mikademius said:
CSS doesn't need it
Agreed - its hard enough for noobs like me to see their opponent in good light, let alone in a blinded condition as produced by HDR

... and not every computer can handle HDRI, so the people without HDRI would have a better and clearer view.. but in "garrys mod eight" the HDRI in the office level an dust1 look sooo f***ing cool !

and i was thniking about depth effects in a multiplayer, thats cool to, shooting at something blurred makes it more realistic... i hope more and more multiplayer games like counter strike use the bloom and depth effects... ( sorry if my english is crap ;) )

Back