Head Crabs

• Thread starter BuddhistWarlord
  • Start date
XANA said:
that's exactly what i was gonna say... well not exactly, but pretty damn close at any rate. Talyn, you rock, dude!!! not bad for a noob. :cheese:

You are too kind, sir.

Talyn said:
No, I think he just typed it in a hurry.

Anyways, back to the original issue - do we ever see headcrab zombies eating in Half Life 2? They're "mouths" are much less obvious, and look more like gaping holes in their bodies - those "teeth" just look like shattered ribs, and you can see the lungs and kidneys still within the body, so no "stomach" or "gullet" -than anything you can actually eat with.
It is far too much to assume they all happen to tear the same hole in their chest out of paint and not kill themselves. Do you think the Combine altered them so they didn't develope a proper chest-mouth? Because in HL1 at least it is a mouth.

ríomhaire said:
It is far too much to assume they all happen to tear the same hole in their chest out of paint and not kill themselves. Do you think the Combine altered them so they didn't develope a proper chest-mouth? Because in HL1 at least it is a mouth.

Indeed.

maybe the headcrab had the host open the hole into the chest because the mouth and nose of the victim are covered. im not good with human anatomy.

No, that wouldn't let you breathe. Not without major replumbing...

hey, look i'm sorry my reply is so late. i'm a blonde. anyway, i saw this innocent citizen being attacked by a headcrab. i thinkthat it was at d1_canals_05. i can't remember. if it isn't, don't start bitching at me about it.

I'm not gonna sort throught eh myriad of posts but as for poision zombies. Its obvious that besides the zombification the zombies posion their victims. Well what does poision do? It cuts off oxygen causing skin to turn purple. Skin swells and becomes necrotic. Hence the wierid breathing and look of zombies. Personally the victims are still alive. But unable to control themselves.

with HCs we are looking at an organism that hijacks a host's bodily functions for its own purposes. It hijacks the nervous system for control. It uses the host's own circulatory system to spread about its mutagens. And after the mutagens have taken hold, it pretty much turns the rest of the body's systems into a dedicated nutrition gathering device for the headcrab. Changing around the uses of various organs to suit the HC. Like turning the chest cavity into a mouth and in Op4 using redundant organs like acid bombs.

Back