Headcrab, lead to Secret?

S

Spleet

In Ravenholm, after first seeing Grigori, past the fire, into the building, up the stairs to your right, there ar 3 headcrabs and 2 zombies, 2 of the headcrabs being on the zombies. One of the headcrabs on one of the zombies, will not attack if the right zombie is killed and the headcrab falls to the floor... this headcrab will not attack you, although it does try to lead you somewhere. Though nowhere "special" was found by leading him the first time, there may be somthing that is trying to be said by the headcrabs ways. Parsay, an easter egg...

Shown in this video clip:
http://knd.org.uk/files/headcrab.swf

No, I think the headcrab was just being stupid, or somebody made a script?

Try this yourself.. Ive gotten it to work twice now... If you do it correctly the headcrab should walk around and turn to look at you every once in a while as if it wants you to follow it...

Sorry but I can't remember is the path the head crab going the right way to go.
Did you try blowing up the container, before the head crab goes near enough to get hurt, so it doesn't block it's way?

Do above and make anothe flash! that was cool!

Have yout tried to move that exploding barrel? It looks like it tries go past but then stops becuase of it.

yes that's what I meant earlier.
I forgot that you must have the grav gun by now?
Hve you tried that, well do it and say what happens!

That's just crab AI that makes it try to run away when they're all alone with all their friends dead.

ríomhaire said:
That's just crab AI that makes it try to run away when they're all alone with all their friends dead.
headcrab.... friends....

where do the headcrab go then, after the video clip is over? Seems to me that's the answer to your question :)

azumi said:
where do the headcrab go then, after the video clip is over? Seems to me that's the answer to your question :)
They either keep running or turn around and attack again after a few seconds or after they find allies.

ríomhaire said:
They either keep running or turn around and attack again after a few seconds or after they find allies.
I really dont think its that complex...i mean the ai isn't excellent in Halflife 2. They usually just run around and attack, in this case its just running around randomly, not taking proper notice of you being the enemy. Although i'd love it to be a secret of some kind, so move that barrel and continue the video i'd love to see what happens.

Yeah this looks strange, from what ive seen headrabs allways attack you, and ive never seen them run away. Move the barrel and see where it goes.

It's probably just trying to get into a position where it can make a proper jump at you. Perhaps due to a low ceiling, or something in the way, it can't complete the schedule, and keeps adjusting and checking for a new place to jump from. I doubt it's anything magical.

-Angry Lawyer

headcrabs have often run from me and then turn around once they see an ally an attack me again, usually after killing their zombie and all other headcrabs/zombies.

I just tried this several times and the headcrab attacked me straight away every time.

ríomhaire said:
I don't see how ai_disable has anything to do with it.

If the AI was off then the headcrab would ignore the player and just idle, like in the video....

Edit: oh shit, sorry.

Shodan said:
If the AI was off then the headcrab would ignore the player and just idle, like in the video....
You're thinking of notarget. And this has happened to me before aswell so it's not console commands, it's AI.

ríomhaire said:
You're thinking of notarget. And this has happened to me before aswell so it's not console commands, it's AI.

Ahaha. Yes I was.

Me=Pwnt

Headcrab in movie when it spins in stairway: ROFLCOPTERRRRRRRR!!!1

:D ?

:|

-Alix

There was another time this had happened in the same place. He walked outside, then inside back up the stairs to the machines. The way he was walking, he was walking up the stairs in perfect paths in the time b4 we made this flash video. So, our flash video show'd the second attempt of this.

Alix Mcdean said:
Headcrab in movie when it spins in stairway: ROFLCOPTERRRRRRRR!!!1

:D ?

:|

-Alix
WTF! What has happened to this forum! Spammers beware, I'm going on a reporting spree. (I'll leave you off with a warning)

it doesn't attack you because it remembers what Obi Wan told to Anakin at the end of their duel in ep III :D

omg haha spleet seems like u have succeeded to Brain-wash everybody :LOL:

hahahaha omfg u people just don't get it huh?

The Headcrab can't attack u if u stand right into it, haha it's pretty obviously why no one did notice this

Haha, where did u people else think? :p It would have leed u into their home, so u can probably kill the queen haha don't think so

Nice one spleet.

Explained: The headcrab needs to back up before it can leap at you. When you keep pushing the headcrab, it cannot attack.

CommandoSR said:
Explained: The headcrab needs to back up before it can leap at you. When you keep pushing the headcrab, it cannot attack.

Yes.

I tried this with a headcrab I thought was "leading" me through an air vent, let it move forward for abit, it turned around and I though "how cut.. WHOA WTF" and it pounced on me.

ríomhaire said:

then why in like nova prospekt like the start of it u get attacked by ONE headcrab. ur telling me that he should cower in fear.

plus it might be an easter egg possibly but u jackass move the barrel. in my whole life i know that a newb would move that barrel. acctually he would kill the crab but if he followed it like u he would move the barrel

Back