Headphones: audio sometimes reversed

B

bifack

I just got HL2 yesterday and noticed that when configured for headphones, some dialogs are positionally reversed (person on my left sounds like they're on my right). Anyone know how to fix this?

Uhm... Does this count for everything or just HL2?
Usually it's because you've misplaced some wires when you've gotten your phones repaired or a manufacture problem.

Is it only a software problem or could it be hardware?

Have you got your headphones on the right way? :LOL:

Yes, they are on the "right way". Also, this is only a problem with some of the dialogs within HL2, not all games.

I have had similar problems, and here are the solutions I have found:

1) Position a mirror in front of the monitor in such a way that the viewed images are reflected in reverse. I recommend that you sit alongside the computer (facing the mirror), with the monitor facing the mirror as well. Also, you need to be in a position so that you are able to quickly scurry to different positions around the computer, so that you can quickly correct any directional audio errors.

2) Rig up a pulley system (or something of the sort), that is able to quickly switch the headphones you are wearing midgame. They can be activated by a button or lever, but you must make sure that one of the pairs of headphones are wired in such a way that the speaker output is reversed. After a few tries, its easy to get used to.

You can use one or the other, but I try to use both simultaneously to spice things up a bit.

lordbotulor said:
I have had similar problems, and here are the solutions I have found:

1) Position a mirror in front of the monitor in such a way that the viewed images are reflected in reverse. I recommend that you sit alongside the computer (facing the mirror), with the monitor facing the mirror as well. Also, you need to be in a position so that you are able to quickly scurry to different positions around the computer, so that you can quickly correct any directional audio errors.

2) Rig up a pulley system (or something of the sort), that is able to quickly switch the headphones you are wearing midgame. They can be activated by a button or lever, but you must make sure that one of the pairs of headphones are wired in such a way that the speaker output is reversed. After a few tries, its easy to get used to.

You can use one or the other, but I try to use both simultaneously to spice things up a bit.

wow.... what the? lmao.... nice stuff right there :LOL:

Back