"Heart of the Revolters" an objective-based TDM map - Full details!

Is this map finished yet or not?

And if it is where can i find it?

MoonQuake said:
New slang, DaDude? :)

Acert! Well, the testing sessions are finished, I'm tweaking and adding more and more stuff. But it's pretty much done. It's fully playable, that is. Finished... It's a new slang! ;)

MQ

Slangs come and go :D

MoonQuake said:
Big news update to follow shortly...

I think you guys will be happy to know what the release date is for Revolters!!!

MQ

I won't be happy unless it's in the next 40 minutes... aha... no really

MoonQuake said:
Big news update to follow shortly...

I think you guys will be happy to know what the release date is for Revolters!!!

MQ

I won't be happy unless it's in the next 40 minutes... haha...

no really

A news update containing the release date and new screens was sent to all web sites yesterday. The ball is in their field. Even though it's not going to be released in the next 40 mins, it will be soon enough to make you guys happy! :)

Screens will show the Rebels Control room, teleporter room as well as other outdoor locations.

MQ

Yep! It's not like in Counter-Strike where you could die after 15 seconds of play and have to wait 4 minutes until you can play again.

You click, you spawn, you kick asses again. :)
And you got more complex objectives... not to mention the HL2 weapons used with strategy!!!

MQ

Ya likes whats taking so long... Update the dam site already... *looks at HL2.net staff*

Patience is a vertue! They're in their week-end too! hehe

MQ

Somehow I think alot of them might not want to throw in an update about the same map so soon unless it's released.

Awesome! :D

I remember playing invasion and all, definetely the most innovative map I've seen so far! :D

Can't wait to download (come on sites, lets go go go :p)

*bump*

Any news, released? I thought it would be released early this morning when the news sites check their mailboxes..

Yeah I've been waiting for this release too, haven't seen any updates on Fileplanet(Like I would download it from then HAH) or Filefront yet, but still waiting...

So isn't released yet? Oh well, guess i'll have to play CTF while i'm waiting.

Overwatch said:
So isn't released yet? Oh well, guess i'll have to play CTF while i'm waiting.

What maps/servers are you playing CTF on?

i play ctf_export on 213.208.119.230:27055

there also is an another ctf map, remake of 2fort, the mapname is tdm_2fort_b5 (it's not very good though)

Filefront have posted the news update: www.halflife2files.com

I will personnaly send the map to FilePlanet, I sent the news update to Planethalflife.com, but they don't want to post my news update... they don't post map news... ???

As for halflife2.net, well, I don't know why they don't inform you guys!!!

Ask them. :)

MQ

MoonQuake said:
Filefront have posted the news update: www.halflife2files.com

I will personnaly send the map to FilePlanet, I sent the news update to Planethalflife.com, but they don't want to post my news update... they don't post map news... ???

As for halflife2.net, well, I don't know why they don't inform you guys!!!

Ask them. :)

MQ

Maybe they are giving some time to the other frontpage stuff and waiting for a slow day this week to put your news up? Maybe news about its release date on Tuesday, and a link to download on Friday?

Btw MoonQuake, the new screenshots look GREAT. Wow! Nice job.

Acert: These represent the map 95% complete. I added some more things like decoration and ambient/atmosphere stuff since then.

I think you played the 50% last time so, even though you saw the new screens, you'll be amazed by how it evolved. The core gameplay elements are basically the same, except for the addition of the Rebel goal that wasn't there weeks ago.

I just don't want to talk too much and spoil the surprises.

:)

MQ

MQ if you need any last minute testers don't hesitate lol

(tested call of duty series, far cry, many mmo's, etc etc too big for post)

:D I can't wait I'm as giddy as a schoolgirl :)

belgh. This sounds great, but I hope setting defences and things of that nature doesn't turn into a new TeamFortress... or, if it does, that it's much better.

WOW. Hahaha I just remembered how I spent a long time watching the TF2 trailers and drooling over them-they looked AMAZING at the time, especially the faces, but now looking back on their site, http://tf2.sierra.com/ , but now it SUCKS. Check it out.

I wouldn't say it will compete with TFC because we're talking about a TDM map in the beginning, but it sure "feels" like a mix of TFC and Counter-Strike. But Rebels should effectively be setting up defenses using objects in any imaginable ways as well as the turrets.

The ideally configured server for Revolters would have the round time limit set to at least 8 min. I also agree that it can turn out like in TFC where a game can be won in 2 min or in 30 mins but you just don't have the same type of armament so the comparison stops here.

People will also eventually think about assigning roles to teammates because chaos is not the best strategy for winning at this map.

MQ

Yes. But it's constantly evolving depending on the likes of people.
I'm listening to the players and when a majority agrees, I make changes accordingly.

MQ

play this map. anyone with a server should host it. moonquake, myself, and others played this for hours yesterday and it was the most fun online gaming ive had in a while.

Back