Heavy Update Released

DigiQ8

Tank
Reaction score
I know we're late, but what can we do? we were busy playing the new update, and it's amazing. The largest update for Team Fortress 2 is now available and it's heavy, for those of you who haven't downloaded it yet restart your Steam Client NOW!

• Added 3 Heavy unlockables (Natascha, The Sandvich, The Killing Gloves of Boxing)
  • Added 35 new Heavy achievements
  • Added Arena game mode
  • 5 arenas: Lumberyard, Ravine, Well, Granary, Badlands
  • Added cp_steel, a community map by Jamie "Fishbus" Manson
  • Added server map timeleft to upper right of scoreboard
  • 32 player servers can now support an extra slot of SourceTV
  • Added proper handling of cart blocking recognition to Payload maps

View the full change list.

I thought this wasn't coming out till tomorrow...

Awesome!

Just played it, the new map is pretty good and the heacy spam is great for spies!

Looks like you forgot to add Badwater Basin, the new payload map to your summary.

It takes forever to "Retrieve Server Info" when joining a server for the first time. =\

Also the Kritzkreig been changed from 10% faster charge rate to 25% (compared to the Uber).

Makes a huge difference the Kritz is much more viable now, especially in Arena where there is often not enough time to charge the Uber.

Badwater Basin is mofoing awesome.

The Spy has a new animation, he now flicks up a switch when he gets out the sapper. :p

You think payload is good, have you played arena lumberyard yet? It's incredible!

Also, got the KGB last night and they are hilarious, although not very practical.

Im gonna have to say steel is my favorite... Its incredibly unique and extremely fun... Arena maps get kinda the same after a while... but still fun... The heavy achievments are good but its hard to get soo many of them when the only enemies are heavies too, like that one crit rocket achievement...

You think payload is good, have you played arena lumberyard yet? It's incredible!
While Lumberyard looks prettier I prefer Ravine in terms of gameplay.

Im gonna have to say steel is my favorite... Its incredibly unique and extremely fun...
Steel is tremendous fun, I was really looking forward to it's release in this update and the extra players it would bring. Worst thing about it is it's learning curve, well worth it in the end and it is funny hearing everyone going "I'm lost".

Back