Heeeeeeellllllppp!!!

T

Team-747 Rambo

hi,
i desperatly need help. i am on a wireless network with three other computers and have recently baught a new card due to some technical faults. but this one connects with a speed of 11mpbs and works fine on the internet, but when i join a game i have a ping of 300 something. my old card would get a ping of 10-30, does anyone know why this is happening.
Thank you

-Sam

11 Mbps??
What wireless have you got?

I have a US Robotics Wireless setup at home, but fortunatly they have 125Mbps driver.
If you have 54Mbps card, then the possibility is that maybe ur too far away from your access point.

Tbh wireless should only be used for office work.
Once you move into gaming you should use a real connection..
I've had wireless. It timed out all the time even if I was 5 feet away from the router.

But try and lower the speed to 2 mps (guessing you have a connection under 2 mps).. Gives you better range..
You dont use the 11 mps full when you actual net speed is lower than 11 mps..

I had similar problems with my Linksys wireless router and i updated the firmware and it partially hacked it, so it displays linux settings and I was able to boost the xmit signal so i can keep a signal around the house. I now can play CS source with no lagg at all. its the same as if i were playing wired.

Back