Hehehe, I´ve gotta share this.

Inanimate

Spy
Reaction score
2 days ago I was going into the city to buy a Steelpad mousepad in a local store. Im walking around the corner and outside the store, I see a line of 100 people waiting to get in.
I got a bit mad since it would take forever to get to the counter and get my things.

So I watch these 13-30 year old people stand in line and eventually I wondered (pretty loudly) why everyone was standing there in line!

10 people answered: "Half Life2 is out!!!!11!1111" :naughty:
I just started to laugh infront of those 100 people and said that "Half Life 2 has not even gone gold yet! Half Life2 is probably scheduled for a release on 30th of September or even later."

People got quiet, the WHOLE LINE of people just stopped talking and moving hahahaha...
With the risk of getting shot down (;)) got even bigger as I told that I probably know more about the upcoming release and the status of HL2 atm, since I spend 3-4 hours per day checking for news and statements from Valve etc, than anyone else in Sweden (I live there)

I saw people was getting frustrated and I heard that someone said "F*ck I stayed up all night since I was so glad about the release!!".. hahaha.. It was the funniest thing I´ve seen in a long time..

People were actually listening to me as I told them all this and some of them left immediately. Some just got mad and got more eager to get inside the store to ask if what I´d told them was true. hahaha..

Can you believe how incredably UNinformed people are about this? hahaha..

It´s been 2 days now, and no matter what I do, I can´t stop laughing!!

/Daniel

Who told them is was coming out? Did the store give them a fake date? I'm surprised that they were all fooled by it, but I feel bad for them :(

i am laughing at those foolsih mortals that dont know shit

I dont know!! They probably have heard rumours only.
The store didn´t even announce anything about it.
Im laughing as Im writing this..

Man, if it's that bad over in Sweden....., the last thing I wanna do when HL2 comes out is wait in line to get it.

lazicsavo said:
Man, if it's that bad over in Sweden....., the last thing I wanna do when HL2 comes out is wait in line to get it.
Steam is looking better and better every day...but I want the CE :(!

Those noobs got pwned

crotch.png

Inanimate said:
I probably know more about the upcoming release and the status of HL2 atm, since I spend 3-4 hours per day checking for news and statements from Valve etc, than anyone else in Sweden (I live there)
This is nothing to be proud of.

Oh I wouldn't be laughing too hard. Those people obviously have better things to do with their lives other than knowing the minute-by-minute happenings at Valve.

-Frosty- said:
Steam is looking better and better every day...but I want the CE :(!

I need a solid box that I can kiss. I've preloaded HL2 on my computer already, so all I need is buy the retail verison and then put in my CD-key, go figure ;)

jet jaguar said:
Oh I wouldn't be laughing too hard. Those people obviously have better things to do with their lives other than knowing the minute-by-minute happenings at Valve.

Apparently they waste their time standing in lines though

DoctorGordon said:
Apparently they waste their time standing in lines though

Nah, I actually like waiting in line for stuff (concerts and movies). You kid with your friends, with the people in front or behind you since you're all waiting for the same thing, it's a waste of time, but it's a good waste of time
:smoking:

lazicsavo: I like that attitude :) hehe.. that happened when I put a tent on the street, waiting for LOTR to come out ;)

lazicsavo said:
I need a solid box that I can kiss. I've preloaded HL2 on my computer already, so all I need is buy the retail verison and then put in my CD-key, go figure ;)
I have it preloaded too, and I'll probably end up doing the same thing :LOL:

manny_c44 said:
That story is a complete load of shit.

Ok, even if it's a total ball of congealed shit, it's beside the point, it's not like this post gives us anything factual about HL2. It just tells a funny story, real or ficticious. I enjoyed it
:cool:

Now that was a good story. :) Thanks for sharing, It's a good laugh. :)

HHahahahahahah! Newbs!

Attachments

• hahahaha.jpg
    hahahaha.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 407
BS :\ would be an interesting scenario, but it didn't happen :)

lol.. why are people so sceptic?
it happened 2 days ago otherwise I would not make another thread in this already spammed forum..
I dont really get it..

/D

Hey, I've got an idea :D

send this story to Gabe, see what he says :E

Hehe.. Dont know his adress ;)

Im sure that IF I knew, I´d send him other letters as well :p
"WTF R U ON `BOUT! GIMME HL2 FFS!"

ahahah that's funny. I wonder if thats what it is goign to be like when hl2 is releced.

Was it Tradition (the store)? If that is the case I am not suprised they had HL2 listed as being released early september but it is now listed as being released December 5.

staddydaddy said:
This is nothing to be proud of.

Alot of people in Sweden is interested in HL2, if he is the person that knows the most about HL2 in Sweden,(he isn't), then that is something to be very pround of.

What? Proud? Know? Videogame? Not real?

Why, oh why would you be proud to know much about a videogame? :| How does it help you in your everyday life?

Varg|Hund said:
What? Proud? Know? Videogame? Not real?

Why, oh why would you be proud to know much about a videogame? :| How does it help you in your everyday life?

Knowledge equals power! Well that's not entirely true in this case but you see what I mean ;)

And I don't think he was particulary intent on "bragging" about it, he just wanted to share his story, which I think is amusing hehe.

Jesus the standard of new threads is just plain weird. This comes under, I'll make anything up to gain respect from this community.

Aha! POWER!

/me goes of to read up on HL2.
Fear me, fear your future Emperor!
;)

Back