Hehehe, I´ve gotta share this.

how did the line develop? i mean out of everyone at least ONE person has to know its not out.

and LUSITANO your icon is freakin me out.

Inanimate said:
2 days ago I was going into the city to buy a Steelpad mousepad in a local store. Im walking around the corner and outside the store, I see a line of 100 people waiting to get in.
I got a bit mad since it would take forever to get to the counter and get my things.

So I watch these 13-30 year old people stand in line and eventually I wondered (pretty loudly) why everyone was standing there in line!

10 people answered: "Half Life2 is out!!!!11!1111" :naughty:
I just started to laugh infront of those 100 people and said that "Half Life 2 has not even gone gold yet! Half Life2 is probably scheduled for a release on 30th of September or even later."

People got quiet, the WHOLE LINE of people just stopped talking and moving hahahaha...
With the risk of getting shot down (;)) got even bigger as I told that I probably know more about the upcoming release and the status of HL2 atm, since I spend 3-4 hours per day checking for news and statements from Valve etc, than anyone else in Sweden (I live there)

I saw people was getting frustrated and I heard that someone said "F*ck I stayed up all night since I was so glad about the release!!".. hahaha.. It was the funniest thing I´ve seen in a long time..

People were actually listening to me as I told them all this and some of them left immediately. Some just got mad and got more eager to get inside the store to ask if what I´d told them was true. hahaha..

Can you believe how incredably UNinformed people are about this? hahaha..

It´s been 2 days now, and no matter what I do, I can´t stop laughing!!

/Daniel

Wow that just made my day. i was really depressed just before i read this. Thx dude. :)

Raziel-Jcd: thank you.. that was the meaning of this thread.. to share something funny..

Someone just asked why I wasn´t in school/at work..
I don´t have to explain my day for you..
Are people so obsessed with flaming others (by mistake) that they should be allowed in here?

FYI, I graduated from my gymnasium this spring and I´ve been having a summerjob all june-august.. ATM Im doing NOTHING at all..
Is that enough?
Some of you guys really have ridden ya daddy´d big one..

Admin please delete this whole thread..

/D

Inanimate said:
2 days ago I was going into the city to buy a Steelpad mousepad in a local store. Im walking around the corner and outside the store, I see a line of 100 people waiting to get in.
I got a bit mad since it would take forever to get to the counter and get my things.

So I watch these 13-30 year old people stand in line and eventually I wondered (pretty loudly) why everyone was standing there in line!

10 people answered: "Half Life2 is out!!!!11!1111" :naughty:
I just started to laugh infront of those 100 people and said that "Half Life 2 has not even gone gold yet! Half Life2 is probably scheduled for a release on 30th of September or even later."

People got quiet, the WHOLE LINE of people just stopped talking and moving hahahaha...
With the risk of getting shot down (;)) got even bigger as I told that I probably know more about the upcoming release and the status of HL2 atm, since I spend 3-4 hours per day checking for news and statements from Valve etc, than anyone else in Sweden (I live there)

I saw people was getting frustrated and I heard that someone said "F*ck I stayed up all night since I was so glad about the release!!".. hahaha.. It was the funniest thing I´ve seen in a long time..

People were actually listening to me as I told them all this and some of them left immediately. Some just got mad and got more eager to get inside the store to ask if what I´d told them was true. hahaha..

Can you believe how incredably UNinformed people are about this? hahaha..

It´s been 2 days now, and no matter what I do, I can´t stop laughing!!

/Daniel

Which store? Åhlens or TV-spelsbörsen or what? Heh, that has to rock though. I mean really...

"HL2's OUT!" -- LOL!

Thadius Dean said:
how did the line develop? i mean out of everyone at least ONE person has to know its not out.

and LUSITANO your icon is freakin me out.

That person may not have been waiting for HL2 then right? And sometimes you don't really care about the people around you. *That one guy* might not have known the others were waiting for HL2 (Fool) or, *that one guy* said "**** it" and went to another store or went home.

thebarge said:
You didnt think to ask them why they thought it was that day!?

Would you have? Seriously?
Isn't it enough humiliating them completely and telling them they're *all* wrong? You suck. :rolleyes:

YamatoTwinkie said:
people are flaming because the story sounds like one of the hundreds of obscure made-up anecdotes that we've all seen on internet bulletin-boards before, mainly because of the lack of specific details in the story (I.e, why didn't the original poster think to ask why all these people collectively thought to stand in line)

They were waiting for HL2 because they thougth it was out...

Baal said:
1. Seriously if the people were so obsessed with HL2 that they were there before the store was even open, they would have known better.

2. Also, you said it happened two days ago, but that was yesterday, so it was on a Friday?

3. That means they all skipped work/school because of a, most likely, speculative release date....

I don't think so.

Why weren't you in work/school?

Let's start with the bottom line, as always, you suck.

1. When the "Gone Gold" statement is announced and a date is set, there will be people setting up tents outside stores. Not my point, but still. -- Noone said the store was closed, fool.

2. Maybe you should ask him to clarify? He might have been a little fuzzy on the date.

3. Noone said a time of day, it might just aswell have been late in the afternoon.

Baal said:
I thought it was funny....

Then I realized how can something that didn't happen be funny?

Well, in some cases.

Like, the whole reason this was funny, in my opinion, was because it supposedly did happen.

Until I figured out the whole scam.

Umm... Scam...? Did you lose money?
You got a good laugh, no matter if it was fake or not. How about moving along?

I wasn't done...

Majestic XII said:
I can assure you that this story isnt a complete load of bull... He lives in Stockholm after all.

Meeep meeep

/me runs

I live in Stockholm too. I prefer two other stores above Webhallen (The Webhall if you wish) but it's a good store never the less.

YamatoTwinkie said:
People are doubting your story because:
A: You didn't divulge the store's name
B: You didn't give a credible reason as to why 13-30 people would just spontaneously stand in line waiting for a game that hasn't been released yet.

I thought it was BS, too

A. Webhallen. Read page 2. He might have failed to leave it in but he didn't mean to, retard. It doesn't make it any less true if he types it in a response on the second page. And yes, the store is real.
B. Credible reason? You mean for him to ASK them why they're dumbasses? I mean, he's just declared them being so.. You can't really ask them "Why they think HL2 is out". Really.

thebarge said:
Agreed. BS - and I don't see why everyone is finding such a BS story so funny? Synopsis: I was at the store, and like a bunch of people were there, and I called them all idiots. It was hilarious. I laugh at my own jokes.

And if this was true.. how would 30 people in your area all decide that the game was coming out right then, and to all go to the same store at the same time? Uh huh.

By area you're refering to the major city of Stockholm with around 1.5 million inhabbitants (Biggest city in Sweden obviously, we're 9 mill total). Webhallen is one of the 3 stores that you actually buy game software from. It's not so very odd that gamers, who got the idea, would all find themselves at the said store.
The odd thing is that they formed a line.

-----------

That's answers to two pages. I hope I didn't leave anyone feeling left out.

Regards
Dead-Inside

PS. You people are way too sceptical to this, it's very likely to happen. I know this because I live here. We're also more nerdy overall then you ppl over there :E DS.

Inanimate said:
/Daniel

Something doesn't fit, if they were true fans, they would of scanned the T'internet :smoking:

Did he actually say he was camping outside the shop, or couldn't get to sleep because the excitement

DEATH eVADER said:
Something doesn't fit, if they were true fans, they would of scanned the T'internet :smoking:

Did he actually say he was camping outside the shop, or couldn't get to sleep because the excitement

No no, you've got it all wrong.

It's "they would have scanned t'internet." There's no need for the "the". :p

Carry on. :D

Dead-Inside said:
Would you have? Seriously?
Isn't it enough humiliating them completely and telling them they're *all* wrong? You suck. :rolleyes:
Oh - I suck because you doubt I would have asked why they are there? Oh please.. you, sir, suck. Hell yeah I would have asked! If 30+ people were all standing in line at a store to buy HL2... you mean to tell me that YOU, being an HL2 fan (seeing as you're on these forums) wouldnt ASK!?

Dead-Inside said:
By area you're refering to the major city of Stockholm with around 1.5 million inhabbitants (Biggest city in Sweden obviously, we're 9 mill total). Webhallen is one of the 3 stores that you actually buy game software from. It's not so very odd that gamers, who got the idea, would all find themselves at the said store.
Oh come on. I've never been to Stockholm, but I'd hope that if there are 1.5 million people there you'd have more than THREE stores to buy games from. I live in a town with about 30K people and there are two games stores in the local mall. Many others not in the mall. Come on, is Sweden that deprived for game stores? I doubt it. So with 1.5mil people there, you can say that you've driven all over town and you know for a fact there are only 3? Or are there three that YOU know of?

Can anyone else from or around Stockholm (or that speak the language and could do a quick business search) comfirm that there are only THREE places to buy games in all of Stockholm?

Anyways.. this is getting a bit off topic. So to stay on topic, I still say the story is fake. I mean come on, he's asking now to have this thread removed (which I agree with) now that everyone is calling BS on it.

I'm not flaming the guy - I'm just saying that I don't believe his story. It's my opinion and just that. Maybe he is telling the truth. Maybe Stockholm only has three places to buy games and there were another 30 people at each one of the other game stores. Who knows.

Dead-Inside said:
A. Webhallen. Read page 2. He might have failed to leave it in but he didn't mean to, retard. It doesn't make it any less true if he types it in a response on the second page. And yes, the store is real.
B. Credible reason? You mean for him to ASK them why they're dumbasses? I mean, he's just declared them being so.. You can't really ask them "Why they think HL2 is out". Really.

Calm Down. Getting angry and calling people "retards" for no reason isn't going to get you anywhere in life.
You go read page 2. Tell me where the original poster mentions Webhallen. Then reference the location of my first post on the subject.
Sure, I can understand that he forgot to mention the store's name in the original post. Sure, I can understand why he didn't ask the people in line why they all thought HL2 was out(I probably would have done the same thing in that situation). I don't doubt that this story could very well be true. HOWEVER, it still SOUNDS made-up, because of the holes in the story. Nothing (other than some sort of "HL2 released tomorrow at Webhallen!" link) is going to change that. Its either a true story that sounds false, or a false story that sounds false. Move on.

Haha, I haven't noticed anyone being THAT uninformed, usually it's just either that they know the exact date or they don't know anything about it.

Sounds like BS...

And yes, there are more than 3 places to buy games in Stockholm. Hell, within 5 blocks of Webhallen there are probably 7-10.

First, as someone pointed out, Webhallen has had Hl2 release as 4th quarter 2004 for quite awhile.

Second, was that your first visit to webhallen? Cause they have 2 seperate numbered lines (pick a number out of a machine) for purchases and pick-ups of orders. Sounded like you ahd pre-orded (go into store to pick up my stuff).

Third, Webhallen generally have a ton of people waiting in line to buy stuff. Maybe someone was just ****ing with you (my guess).

At the very least the story should have made either Expressen or Aftonbladet (swedish scandalmags posing as newspapers).

... :dozey:

Back