Hello - M249 model/skin

S

SW-14

This looks like a pretty active modelling and skinning forum, and I enjoy seeing the work other people create. So I'll stick around. :)

Here's my M249 model/uv map with ctsketch's skin for the BF1942 mod Desert Combat. Poly count is about 1900.

m2491.jpg

And an ingame picture:

dc-new-m249.jpg

welcome sw-14 im really waedoe from bf42 forums but hell nice model. i did an FN-249 before too. thats a really nice model u have, REALY NICE. better than the old saw. hope a new sound comes with it

the loading times *MICHEAL* me off on this game...there even longer than Postal 2 on my comp ;(

looks good. The possition could be a bit lower though.

Originally posted by IchI
looks good. The possition could be a bit lower though.

I believe they said that the high position is only a test.

Whoa, that really is awesome. Always loved Desert Combat, this just adds to it's flavour.

OOO, I was wondering, how many polies are each of those bullets?? Cause usually, when I create an MG with an ammo chain, those play a big factor of upping the polies (when I wanna keep it down..)

I forgot what BF1942 had to do with HL2...

And I quote "Show off your HL2 player or weapon models."

Well really this is the Models&Skins Forum, really as long as its about Models&Skins, Its Ok with me....

I have 2 threads in here that basically have nothing to do with HL2, but are model Related, so I can't complain, and I'm the MOD so pfft ;)

Originally posted by Speculator
Whoa, that really is awesome. Always loved Desert Combat, this just adds to it's flavour.

OOO, I was wondering, how many polies are each of those bullets?? Cause usually, when I create an MG with an ammo chain, those play a big factor of upping the polies (when I wanna keep it down..)

Each bullet is 30. So... 30 * 6 = 180 polygons spent on bullets.

Hey SW-14, glad to see a DC dev here :). Like I said many times, model looks great and I love the new angles.

Originally posted by simmo
the loading times *MICHEAL* me off on this game...there even longer than Postal 2 on my comp ;(

Sorry Stone...i didnt mean to! ;(

Welcome to the forums SW-14! I believe this is version 3 of this gun and I can see you've learnt alot. I always loved your work in combo with sketch's skinning. You can't erase the sketch ;)

Now for a helpful comment to make this forum better: and particularly a message to Stone: please force everyone to post a wire of their model, I can't give decent critiques without a wire. I can only comment on the looks but there's much more behind a 3d model then just looks..

Now for this model I'm sure SW didn't waste any polies but there are lots of less skilled modellers around (including myself) .

Back