Help! Almost impossible to join servers

R

redapex1029

Okay...
When ever I click to join the server the little server info box pops up and I hit join. Only it doest do anything at all. The ping jumps to 1037 or something like that and then to 2000 and I cant join. I would say this happens on 18 out of 20 attempts when I try to connect to a server. THis is really friggin annoying. I love the game but I just cant join any severs. This happend in 1.6 and CZ too but it was very very rare, say 2 out of 20. Someone please help me. (this happend in the Beta too)

first...are you using a router to share your internet connection? if you are then youll need to open the correct ports in order to join server. if your router gives you the option to enable the DMZ then do this by putting your computer's IP address in the DMZ and selecting to enable the option.
second... does your computer have a doftware firewall running in the backtground? if so then make sure that it allows counterstrike to access the internet. other than that i dont know. also try disabling your firewall to see if thats what is keeping you from connecting to servers.

maybe the server is full?
i always get that box when server is full.

sometimes also when it wasnt full and ping would aslo jump to really high but then i pressed join a few times and it would work

Back