Help develop a next-gen, AAA FPS title

J

Jbirns

Send resume and portfolio links to [email protected].

Unreal, Doom, HL2 editing experience. Added bonus if your familiar with a major 3d modeling application.

Not a mod. Check out the site it all looks pretty pro stuff to me: n-fusion.com

This ad is not for a Mod. We are looking for level designers that are interested in working fulltime on a commercial product.

n-fusion website said:
Anything sent becomes the property of nFusion Interactive LLC.

Yeah, sure. I'm going to send you my portfolio under those terms. MY property, thanks.

Then you definitely would want to provide a better advertisement. Hell, you didn't even specify what position you were looking for...

BinaryBanzai said:
Then you definitely would want to provide a better advertisement. Hell, you didn't even specify what position you were looking for...

Jbirns said:
This ad is not for a Mod. We are looking for level designers that are interested in working fulltime on a commercial product.

But yeah, the ad is pretty vague.

"Anything sent becomes the property of nFusion Interactive LLC. If you wish to have the materials sent back please make special arrangements with us before sending."

And what "special arrangements" would those be?

Pi Mu Rho said:
Yeah, sure. I'm going to send you my portfolio under those terms. MY property, thanks.

i thought exactly the same thing. if i knew exactly what the job offered, not only the position, but if it's full time empolyment as well, i'd like to know what it pays also, and stuff like that. If i knew things like that, i might risk sending some of my work, but as has been said before, it's my work, and i'm not handing it over on the off chance that i might get a job, cos while there might be a small chance of getting a job, there's also a large chance of having your work taken away from you.

Sorry for the confusion here.

"Anything sent becomes the property of nFusion Interactive LLC." - Means that if you send a cd snail mail then it wont be sent back, unless you ask for us to send it back.

we are looking for,

LEVEL DESIGNERS
nFusion Interactive is seeking LEVEL DESIGNERS to develop a new team and drive the level design pipeline for a multi-platform NextGen title with a major publisher. We are looking for level design experience using world-building tools such as UnrealEd, Hammer, or Qrad etc. Applicant should be a creative and organized individual with a positive attitude that can create enveloping levels with balanced exciting gameplay.

Responsibilities will include collaboration in the creation of production schedules & meeting deadlines, designing, modeling, texturing, and lighting of 3D environments, and placement and triggering entities (such as enemies, movers, and objects).

Applicant should possess a passion for PC and console games.

Id say so. Does the applicant need to be able to model? or just know where to put models n stuff?

Pi Mu Rho said:

pfft, all your base are belong to us!

SixThree said:
But yeah, the ad is pretty vague.
I was directing it towards his previous statement:

Jbirns said:

Damnit, the computer game industry's never looking for coders :(

-Angry Lawyer

Angry Lawyer said:
Damnit, the computer game industry's never looking for coders :(

-Angry Lawyer

Actually a lot of companies are looking for coders! My company for instance is always interested in new talent! So just send out your portfolio and resume to a lot of companies and trust me! if you have a good portfolio you will get a lot of job offers! Only downside might be that you will have to relocate!

yeah if you go on those websites that companies post advertisements on half of the adverts are for coders.

"Anything sent becomes the property of nFusion Interactive LLC." That doesn't legally mean what you claim it to mean. You (or your company) should change it to better reflect what you mean, because no matter how much you tell us here, anyone else applying will still be put off.

-Crispy- said:
"Anything sent becomes the property of nFusion Interactive LLC." That doesn't legally mean what you claim it to mean. You (or your company) should change it to better reflect what you mean, because no matter how much you tell us here, anyone else applying will still be put off.

Well, it really is standard practice in these sort of applications so I don't think people should get put off - anything you send them, e.g. CDs, won't be returned unless you specifically ask them to. Doesn't mean that you give them copyright to your work - just the physical media they keep.

Just say that physical media will not be returned, because the statement implies that you plan to claim IP rights on their work, and stuff.

And thanks for looking out for me, guys, although for the time being I need to get a little more experience before going for an actual coding position.

-Angry Lawyer

Angry Lawyer said:
Just say that physical media will not be returned, because the statement implies that you plan to claim IP rights on their work, and stuff.

And thanks for looking out for me, guys, although for the time being I need to get a little more experience before going for an actual coding position.

-Angry Lawyer
Also sign up to Gamasutra and opt in for job vacancy bulletin emails. On their site you can also filter by keyword and country ftw! Like, you, I need (a lot) more experience before applying.

"Anything sent becomes the property of nFusion Interactive LLC." - That really sounds like you're talking about intellectual property, you aren't gonna get portfolios that way.

ZoFreX said:
"Anything sent becomes the property of nFusion Interactive LLC." - That really sounds like you're talking about intellectual property, you aren't gonna get portfolios that way.

no need to keep repeating what other people have said, and what they have said sorry about and corrected what they meant to say :D meh, i hate it when ppl like only read the first post and then reply

Nagash said:
no need to keep repeating what other people have said, and what they have said sorry about and corrected what they meant to say :D meh, i hate it when ppl like only read the first post and then reply
Actually I read through the entire thread before posting. I thought it was important to re-iterate what others had said seeing as the dude still hadn't (and still hasn't!) updated the website.

Back