help-life 2 hours

PvtRyan said:
Do you play 20 hours a day? Jeez... you could, I dunno, get a life?

Nice avatar though :p

ta, had to stick to 8 colours to keep within file size restrictions - looks better full colour at about 35k.

I play for about 6 hours a night on weekdays. That makes games either too easy or too short, or both. Value for money still = 2

so i guess it'll be around 20-30 hours. i mean as long as its not like max payne.

only one way to find out and that's to wait, tho I do remember valve saying ages ago it would be twice the size of the first game.

Its less then 1hr if your really good and have quick reflexes

PvtRyan said:
Why not? I've spend a lot more than 15 hours on HL, so why couldn't this be the case for HL2?

How long did it take you to complete Half-Life?

I'd say, not rushing at all, it probably took me 12-15 at the most the first time. I find it really, really hard to see how it could take much longer than that.

EDIT - And I don't mean to be rude, we all take different times, but the times of 30-40 hours that are being bandied about here are quite frankly ridiculous.

I tend to play games rather quickly, unintentionally, and i hate when games don't keep me occupied for very long. I usually end up limiting my play time to try to stretch out the number of days the game keeps me occupied, but that method has been known to cause me not to play a game for weeks. Like with The Wind Waker, after a couple days i was almost done with the game (yes i did explore everything) and so I put it aside for a while, playing only little parts here and there. Of course i soon stopped playing completely and only finally finished the game about a month ago, well over a year after i bought it.
Another thing that discourages me from playing games is that all of my friends are incredibly cheap, so they wont buy anything themselves and are always pestering me to borrow my games. A week after i bought wind waker i had two people asking me to borrow it. I told them they could whenever i was done, and put off playing the game for a while just to piss them off...hehe...a year later....
anyway, i hope HL2 contains enough content to make me want to keep playing, and i'm sure it will (HL sure did) I'd say HL took me a couple weeks the first time through (PS2 version, without autoaim usually) Probably around 20 hours for that one. So for me I'd say 30-40 hours would be realistic for HL2. and nobody's going to borrow this one, thats for sure..

Back