Help me find music!

SidewinderX

Reaction score
I'd like to tap all of ya'll knowledge in finding me some new bands/ music to listen to... odds are i've heard most of the mainstream bands...help me find more!

And if you don't like my taste in music, fine, whatever... just don't waste a post to tell me so.

(these are all bands I like, "ranked")

Taking Back Sunday: ++++++++++
Thursday : +++++++++
Dashboard Confessional: ++++++++++
Something Corporate: ++++++++++
The Ataris: ++++++
Hot Water Music: +++
Yellowcard: +++++++++
Green Day: +++

Go Shoutcast'ing, great to find new bands in a genre you like, especially more underground stuff.

If you dig weird electronic music then I would definitely suggest Infected Mushroom and Astral Projection. Think of them as the heaven and hell of mixing :p

.....afaik, none of the bands I listed are wierd electronic music... :p

well judging by the bands you like, id say:

saves the day
motion city soundtrack
coheed and cambria
N'sync
Backstreet Boys
Britney Spears

..... :LOL: :p

Check out the "band that will change rock forever" thread. Some good tunes there :)

Jet?
Its an american band but they sing in english accents on some songs.
Less Than Jake? Reel Big Fish?

you could try Jump, Little Children. I guess they're sort of in that genre :) I'll back up erestheux on Harvey Danger too. The Walkmen are cool too.

I agree with sublidieminal on Saves the Day. I'll also add the Get Up Kids, Alkaline Trio, and maybe Unwritten Law (try their Music in High Places cd. It's nice and all acoustic...)
You might also like Brand New or Billy Talent, maybe some Our Lady Peace (this is based off some stuff one of my friends likes. He likes just about every band you have on your list).
Lots of stuff off of here.
And anybody with Vagrant Records since most of their bands are pretty similar.

SidewinderX said:
I'd like to tap all of ya'll knowledge in finding me some new bands/ music to listen to... odds are i've heard most of the mainstream bands...help me find more!

And if you don't like my taste in music, fine, whatever... just don't waste a post to tell me so.

(these are all bands I like, "ranked")

Taking Back Sunday: ++++++++++
Thursday : +++++++++
Dashboard Confessional: ++++++++++
Something Corporate: ++++++++++
The Ataris: ++++++
Hot Water Music: +++
Yellowcard: +++++++++
Green Day: +++

Somebody else who has heard of HWM? About time.

You may like a band called "Fenix-Tx" They are no longer around, but both albums they released are quite good. They now exist (more or less) as "Denver Harbor", I don't how they sound because I don't have their album.

"Our Lady Peace" sort of reminds me Dashboard Confessional for some reason.

"Fuel" sort of reminds me of "Hot Water Music".

"Lit" is a all around good punk pop band.

Back