Help needed with Movie!

J

jcb-gcb

Hey everyone!

Yes, you read that right! I'm not asking for help on a mod but on a movie (made in the Source engine of course).

Here's how far the project is as of now:
-Script: 100% (minor changes may still be made)
-Character Design: 100%
-Voice Acting: No recordings done yet but there are already some people on board and recordings should arrive soon.
-Set (Map) Design: 100%
-Mapping: 25% -> One set is done but I think I'm going to delete that one and start it again.
-Music: 0% As this is the last thing to be added.

Work on Faceposing is to be started as soon as the recordings arrive.

What I need help for:

Mapping:
Two of the sets (maps) are no problem and I think I can do these but there are two other sets that are a little more complex.
These are: 1-A military base and 2-A Canyon with quite a weird architecture.

Voice Acting:
Although there are already some people on board for voice acting, there might still be need for more people so if you're interested don't hesitate to contact me.

Music:
If you can produce music, you can also contact me.

---------------------

What we need most are mappers.

The first part of the script can be found here:
http://silentscrivener.blogspot.com/2004/06/canyon-planet.html
(no dialoge, that's the opening scene with the weird canyon)

This is a sketch of the canyon:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v292/distantplanetfilms/canyonplanet/canyon_BW.jpg

---------------------

I've got some sketches of the base but my Photoshop is messed up at the moment so I can't provide them right now.

---------------------

If you're interested in helping, please post here, PM or email me!

Thanks in advance! :)

Could be funny stuff..
Would like to see the result :cheers:

But why not push the limit to render it in a 3d package? more possibilities, more freedom!

It's all about rendering it in real time. You see the results instantly and you can tweak everything as you need. Also, since Source offers such cool possibilities like Faceposer and stuff, why not use them? :)

I think it may be just me, but I cant for the life of me, figure out how the map of your canyon goes. Ive looked and looked.

drgon47

jcb-gcb said:
It's all about rendering it in real time. You see the results instantly and you can tweak everything as you need. Also, since Source offers such cool possibilities like Faceposer and stuff, why not use them? :)

Sure possibilities of source are nice but will never match a good render.. same applies for physics and lipsync and so..

That 'concept' is just a scribble with some writing underneath.

drgon47 said:
I think it may be just me, but I cant for the life of me, figure out how the map of your canyon goes. Ive looked and looked.

drgon47
Did you read the script? Things become a little clearer after reading it. I'll try to explain: Imagine your typical Canyon (a bit like that:http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v292/distantplanetfilms/canyonplanet/canplan_tg_3.jpg) and now start adding bridges all over the place and leave holes between them. Do you see what I mean now? A bit like a piece of cheese... I've got some more sketches which should help this thing to be clearer but I can't get them online right now...

Mess said:
That 'concept' is just a scribble with some writing underneath.
Maybe we just have different views of what can be regarded as concepts :p

Anyways, there's also a military base to be made so if anyone is interested in that, please contact me.

Ah, gothca. Thanks. And I read part of the script, but at 2 am last night. Ill read through it today.'

drgon47

drgon47 said:
Ah, gothca. Thanks. And I read part of the script, but at 2 am last night. Ill read through it today.'

drgon47

Cheers!

Also, for anyone interested: There is a great creative freedom in the creation of the maps. I'll get you some sketches of what's to do but you will still have a lot of freedom!

Back