Help needed with PC problem

westie

Reaction score
So I got a 9800 Pro very happy with it, untill strange things have been happening. I think it could be the 9800 pro doing it.

First thing was when i was playing Dawn of War (good game) and my PC shut down by its self it just went. Then i could not switch it back on so i had to switch it off at the back then switch it back on (the keyboard was still on though).

It then happend again same thing so I thought it may have been over heating both times.

Then I find this screensaver on my ATI CD and install it when ever I run it the computer shuts down (keyboard still on).
Then i started the PC and there was a black background with white lines down it.
I restarted the PC and it works alright for now at least.

Psu is 350 watt which is enough to run the PC.

Sounds like a inadequate power supply to me. Also make sure you molex plug on your video card is securely attached.

Definately the power supply. Do what blahblahblah said or get a new PSU as it might be crappy.

Does sound like power supply, but i wouldn't rule out card is wiggin.

The exact same thing happened to my brothers computer, when his geforce 3 was dieing. Replaced card, with a 4200 never had a problem again

Even though it's 350w if it's a piece of sh1t generic thing or something that's the problem.

350 isnt actualy much for a highend system now adays.
I dont recomend less then 400 to anyone.

as for your video card not having any problems? how many drives? what cpu? These new high end cpus can suck power like no other.

Back