Help Please! unexpected problem

maveryck21

Reaction score
hi there,

I have a huge problem, i was making a scenario of a metro and it suddenly doesn't allow me to modify it, or at least it lets me modify it but doesn't apeear in the game the modifications, and also doesn't allow me to save to a new file because it gives me error, here is my complie log:

** Executing...
** Command: "c:\program files\valve\steam\steamapps\labpsicom\sourcesdk\bin\vbsp.exe"
** Parameters: -game "C:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\labpsicom\half-life 2\hl2" "C:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\labpsicom\sourcesdk_content\hl2\mapsrc\08_09_Metro_Exp_New_Metro_Tex"

Valve Software - vbsp.exe (Jan 19 2005)
2 threads
materialPath: C:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\labpsicom\half-life 2\hl2\materials
Loading C:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\labpsicom\sourcesdk_content\hl2\mapsrc\08_09_Metro_Exp_New_Metro_Tex.vmf
Brush 166685: MAX_MAP_PLANES
Side 5
Texture: TOOLS/TOOLSBLACK

** Executing...
** Command: "c:\program files\valve\steam\steamapps\labpsicom\sourcesdk\bin\vvis.exe"
** Parameters: -game "C:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\labpsicom\half-life 2\hl2" -fast "C:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\labpsicom\sourcesdk_content\hl2\mapsrc\08_09_Metro_Exp_New_Metro_Tex"

Valve Software - vvis.exe (Dec 15 2004)
fastvis = true
2 threads
reading c:\program files\valve\steam\steamapps\labpsicom\sourcesdk_content\hl2\mapsrc\08_09_Metro_Exp_New_Metro_Tex.bsp
Error opening c:\program files\valve\steam\steamapps\labpsicom\sourcesdk_content\hl2\mapsrc\08_09_Metro_Exp_New_Metro_Tex.bsp

** Executing...
** Command: "c:\program files\valve\steam\steamapps\labpsicom\sourcesdk\bin\vrad.exe"
** Parameters: -game "C:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\labpsicom\half-life 2\hl2" -noextra "C:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\labpsicom\sourcesdk_content\hl2\mapsrc\08_09_Metro_Exp_New_Metro_Tex"

Valve Software - vrad.exe (Mar 8 2005)
----- Radiosity Simulator ----
2 threads
[Reading texlights from 'lights.rad']
[45 texlights parsed from 'lights.rad']

Loading c:\program files\valve\steam\steamapps\labpsicom\sourcesdk_content\hl2\mapsrc\08_09_Metro_Exp_New_Metro_Tex.bsp
Error opening c:\program files\valve\steam\steamapps\labpsicom\sourcesdk_content\hl2\mapsrc\08_09_Metro_Exp_New_Metro_Tex.bsp

** Executing...
** Command: Copy File
** Parameters: "C:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\labpsicom\sourcesdk_content\hl2\mapsrc\08_09_Metro_Exp_New_Metro_Tex.bsp" "c:\program files\valve\steam\steamapps\labpsicom\half-life 2\hl2\maps\08_09_Metro_Exp_New_Metro_Tex.bsp"

The command failed. Windows reported the error:
"The system cannot find the file specified."

Thanks for any help

Brush 166685: MAX_MAP_PLANES
Side 5
Texture: TOOLS/TOOLSBLACK

Might want to delete that brush and remake it.
Bsp stops compiling when it hits this error and therefore doesn't make a .bsp file

You can tell because of this:

The command failed. Windows reported the error:
"The system cannot find the file specified."
If that is your problem its because u either havent got the bsp of the map in sdk folder or there isnt an ain in the games folder. I used 2 get this problem when i was renaming maps is sdk.

Back