help with choosing Video card

i could go give that piece of crap 9600 se card for free to you, if you lived near me :)

what ever you do, do not get any se cards

they suck like crap

forgotten said:

do NOT get that card! If you read the title, you'll notice that it says "128" bit. Most 9800's are 256 bit. In fact, one of the only things that seperates a 9600 from a 9800 is that the 9800's are usually 256 bit while the 9600's come in 128 bit. So that card is basically a bad card with a good name.
If you wan't to get a video card, you'll probably want to get the best you can afford. Anything low-end gets old, fast! IMO the card that has the best balance between price and power is the 9800 pro- only around $200 bucks and it should run HL2 flawlessly. However, If you can afford it, you should definately get a X800 or a nVidia 6800. Those are the best cards out there right now.

That last 9800 pro u listed is the 128-bit version (not much better than a 9600) - you don't want one of those.

Either a 256-bit one or a 6600 gt would be nice. The 6800's are fine cards too :))

Ho wmuch is a 6600 GT in the UK an ddoes it need any extra connectors to the psu?

forgotten said:
dude, the 9600XT is $250, and it only has 128MB.

What crack are you smoking? And where in the HELL do you shop? 250 for an XT? No guy.

I'm usually against 3rd party manufacturers but I just helped my buddy pick out a Powercolor 9600xt 256. It was OEM and cost him 145 bucks shipped, but came in a box with cd and S video cables. I was and still am extremely impressed by it's performance. Check it out.

Well, does anyone know a source or reference of some like, genral benchmarking tests with a bunch o' different video cards so i can compare them? :imu:

Back