Help with my collection

the_wolf27

Reaction score
Have you ever gone to a movie store to buy a dvd, find yourself picking up the same dvd everytime only to put it down again and walk out with something else. Well that always happens with me.

Theres always a few movies that always find themselves in my hand but I never have the balls to buy them, thinking that they might not be all that good.

So I need help with knowing wether or not to pick up that unknow movie and walk out with it. After paying for it of course.

I need some recomendations in the following categories:

- Dark thrillers/scifi - in similar style as requiem, dark city, event horizon etc
- black dramas and comedys - in similar style as friday, Fresh, Boyz n the hood, mo money etc
- and oldschool 70's/80's movies - in the style of the wanderers, the outsiders, the warriors etc.

I would post my dvd list but I have nearly 600 and that would just give some people a headache so just reccomend something and if I havn't got it I'll check it out.

Thanks

P.S "To Sir with Love" is one of those movies I keep picking up. Now I havn't seen many sidney potier movies but is it good?

Dunno about any reccomendations... maybe if you posted some more movies you were considering then someone may have seen them and could give you an informed opinion.

That or just do rentals more :p

Back