Help with steam!

R

Redrum123

I double click steam and a pop up says: Steam .exe (main exception) failed to create key topkey/steamserveraddresscache Details: cmultifieldblob(pserialized): partial field header at end of record.

Wtf is wrong!!???

try reinstalling steam. also try posting in the right forum next time.

No I just went to the the steam homepage and its status rapidly decreased near the end of the graph. GO LOOK

There is a problem with steam right now, but it also sounds like you're having another different problem.

Try searching the Steam forums for help.

Head over to the Steam website, and have a look through their forums. I wouldn't recommend sending them an e mail through their troubleshooting, for it takes a month or more to get a response.

Steam's site is:
http://www.steampowered.com

Tyrsenus said:
try reinstalling steam. also try posting in the right forum next time.
People need to stop doing that to fix their 'problems'... :hmph: Unless you've fiddled around with the actual files, it won't do jack shit. Try something else.

And yeah, I'm mad because I should be playing TFC right now. :flame:

Steam is being DDOSed majorly right now, because of they took down WON. The DDOS attacks wont last forever ...hopefully.

as of 12:10 est steam is back online.

Letters said:
People need to stop doing that to fix their 'problems'... :hmph: Unless you've fiddled around with the actual files, it won't do jack shit. Try something else.

And yeah, I'm mad because I should be playing TFC right now. :flame:
What servers do you play on letters?

nofx said:
Steam is being DDOSed majorly right now, because of they took down WON. The DDOS attacks wont last forever ...hopefully.

as of 12:10 est steam is back online.

what a bunch of fuc|{ing nerds and losers.

vBulletin Message
The Steam Users Forum is down as we ride out a external network problem (a Denial of Service attack). Thanks for your patience -- we'll be back up soon.

Yup. Cant access forums. But when you guys start up steam does it come up your login thing or does it give similar messages? Because my steam was workin just fine, and then when I rebooted it it didnt work.

Holy shit you post alot nw...
anyways do me a favor and try strting up steam and tell me what happens please.

Did you JUST log on? or has it been on already? Try restarting and seeing if it works

staddydaddy said:
what a bunch of ****ing nerds and losers.
you know, language blocks are up for a reason, not to blatantly circumvent them :|

and nerd lost all meaning years ago

and indeed, wrong forum. Use the steam forum next time :)

Refer to my sig cybersh33p, lol

I hope Steam is back up and running soon, I will go home after work and wanna play a nice game without lagging.

Cool, it's working again! :)

Buuuuut, my ISP can't have me being happy! :flame: They update their status page to say that connectivity is just FINE, when, in fact, it was already just FINE, until they "fixed" it. Effers.

Back