Help with wireless router

Reaction score
Every time I set the router with password, I can't seems to find the router access point using laptop or DS/PSP. Sometimes it shows, but disappears and sometimes won't even connect, even if I'm typing the right password.

Whats the problem?

What security are you using on your router? Log into your router admin page and find out. Make sure you are using the same log in security settings as the router is using. WEP / WPA / WPA2 (aes / tkip)

lupus1.jpg

I used WEP

in windows wireless manager it should choose the right encryption for you. in other software like dells wireless manager, you have to make sure that the encryption is set right for your connection or it wont connect.

what kind of router do you have? seems like its being overloaded.

I had a heck of a time getting my router to work with my DS.

Had to choose a specific type of WEP security setting.

^ what do you mean?

In your wireless settings area, you should have the option whether or not you broadcast the SSID, which is the network name of the wireless connection. It makes finding and connecting to it easier really.

With SSID broadcasting off, it will be like someone walking into your house with all the lights off and be expected to know the exact way to reach your bathroom. It's going to be very difficult unless they know how exactly how they're supposed to navigate to it beforehand. That's what turning SSID broadcasting off. Terrible analogy I know.

It's basically an easier mapping to making contact with your network, and then you just have to know the access codes.

Back