Help!

TCfromBN

Reaction score
Im new to valve hammer editor and I am creating maps or digital paintball. I have 2 problems, first of all I finish my map and when im done i check the map for problems and it always says no player start found. I have no idea how entities work and would appreciate any help with making them do somthing, such as making them light and player starts. Also dpb takes a map file ending in .bsp when creating a map in valve hammer you have 2 options, to save it as .rmf , and .map. Anyone that knows how to either make it save as .bsp or convert it to .bsp please let me know how. Any help would be appreciated.

player start is where you start in game, it is in entitys info_playerstart. to make it a bsp go to file run game, and compile it, make sure to check the don't run game after compile box, becuase if you don't it will bug and not work.hope this helps

go to the entitys on the side, it kinda looks like a cylinder thing with a sphere as a head, it is silver, go to the side and scroll down through the list until you find a info_player start, place it anywher in the map where you want to spawn when you first start the game.

to make the bsp, go to file run game, and and check the don't run game after compile box, and then click ok and wait for it to compile, make sure you save your games in the halflife 2, hl2, maps folder so you can see it in the "maps *" console in the game.

on which side? haha im a noob i understand how to compile it but i want to actualy save it as a .bsp file.

TCfromBN said:
on which side? haha im a noob i understand how to compile it but i want to actualy save it as a .bsp file.

compiling makes it a .bsp file

its on the right side it looks like a lightbulb-click it- go to the right side choose a entity-info_player_start-and put it in your map.

the compiling makes a bsp file in your maps file so after compiling all you have to do is start the game and create a server and loade up your map

I see entity on the right but where does ino_player_start show up... mabe my version of valve hammer is bad or somthing.... i have no idea

In my editor i have an entity but i have no options as to what it does the scroll on the right has nothing in it.

my valve hammer looks different from that does anyone have a link to a current version

I have another question... where do all of the files come from that yall use... such as the entities because my editor doesnt have verry many textures and entities to use... i guess you get them from the game files but how...?

when yah open the SDK from steam, choose Half-life 2 from Current Game drop-down list (thats before you open up hammer).

Should get yah the right entities i think :\

under options where you set up what folders it looks for, what folders and executables should you use

ok i dont have sdk in my play games list... something is messed up here

Back