here is what you do and dont do when the 30th comes

d8cam

Reaction score
Ok....pretending that no announcement is made by Valve between now and midnight on the 30th...

You people will automatically assume that because its not in stores the 30th, then it must be delayed...wrong...the 30th could be the ship date.

That will be so annoying. Just because you go to your fanboy EB Games store when it opens and the game is not there doesn't mean that the game is delayed....

Just a warning to those that planned on doing that.

Do you have your do's and don'ts for the 30th? Let us know here.

And I dare the first person that replies to make a mature response.... not "wow what a waste of forum space." And don't copy and paste that!! grrr i am setting myself up...anyway please discuss seriously

"wow what a waste of forum space." And don't copy and paste that!!

I just can't wait to see all the "VALVE SUXORZ MY BALSLSL!!!! AND THEY CAN EAT MY CRAP BEFORE THEY GOT MY MONEY$$$$$$$" threads. That's going to be a lot of fun.

;)

Yeah I'm pretty sure I won't be able to get it on the release date... I never can get games on the release date... that's why I'll probably go with Steam... if they would actually release some @#$&ing information on it!

Oh yeah... and...

DON'T HUMP THE GAME!

infact what to do between now and the 30th is

NOT POST BLOODY "WHAT IF?" DELAY THREADS!!!

GAHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!! :flame:

***** this im walking away from my comp right now, or im gonna go mental!!!*

...so.

Anybody read those impressions of doom 3 on gamespot and ign? They don't really give any new info except that the game will run smoothly (not min req) on a 1ghz 256MB ram Geforce 2 system. So I guess the fears of low framerates even with higher end cards like 9700's are unfounded.

Oh, and they also said the Sp is shaping up nicely which is nice to hear.

And that "tool" (the band) will be doing a song for it.

On the 30th, I will either:

A - Be playing HL2, downloaded via Steam most likely.

B - Replaying Knights of the Old Republic as a dark-side character.

Either way, I win.

gonna be playing half life2

IF NOT

i'll play halo multiplayer on pc
or
play kotor on xbox
or
play tiger woods 2004 with my friends
or
go watch a movie
or
just goto sleep

Originally posted by d8cam
Ok....pretending that no announcement is made by Valve between now and midnight on the 30th...

You people will automatically assume that because its not in stores the 30th, then it must be delayed...wrong...the 30th could be the ship date.

That will be so annoying. Just because you go to your fanboy EB Games store when it opens and the game is not there doesn't mean that the game is delayed....

Just a warning to those that planned on doing that.

Do you have your do's and don'ts for the 30th? Let us know here.

And I dare the first person that replies to make a mature response.... not "wow what a waste of forum space." And don't copy and paste that!! grrr i am setting myself up...anyway please discuss seriously

buy a brain and read carrefully

1. hl2 release date is 30th september
2. if hl2 isn't released on 30th then it is delayed

end of the demonstration

Originally posted by manny_c44
...so.

Anybody read those impressions of doom 3 on gamespot and ign? They don't really give any new info except that the game will run smoothly (not min req) on a 1ghz 256MB ram Geforce 2 system. So I guess the fears of low framerates even with higher end cards like 9700's are unfounded.

Oh, and they also said the Sp is shaping up nicely which is nice to hear.

And that "tool" (the band) will be doing a song for it.

I read em. Pretty cool info with a couple of new monsters and such. Also describes the new physics system which should add a lot. Of course that and zombies chucking things at you are what I am sure are blatent responses to what Valve has included in HL2. Even still, I look forward to both games. Doom was one of the best games ever made, so I remain hopeful for doom 3. And yeah, I don't think I'm anticipating HL2 any less than any of you.

Shutting up now.

Originally posted by Beazil
I read em. Pretty cool info with a couple of new monsters and such. Also describes the new physics system which should add a lot. Of course that and zombies chucking things at you are what I am sure are blatent responses to what Valve has included in HL2. Even still, I look forward to both games. Doom was one of the best games ever made, so I remain hopeful for doom 3. And yeah, I don't think I'm anticipating HL2 any less than any of you.

Shutting up now.

Yeah I thought that whole Zombie throwing the barrel was probably a response to halflife as well. But I'm really confident ID will be able to make a killer physics system for this game. Some parts of the alpha gave breif glimmers of greatness.

Back