Here's a thought..

Ghoti

Reaction score
Anyone think perhaps that HL2 might indeed be already (or about to be) Gold, and Valve's just not going to throw out a press release about it?

It sure would keep folks like us chimping at the bit.

Just imagine the insanity that would ensue if, on the 29th, Valve says "Oh, yeah, by the way, it was gold a couple weeks ago, have a good tome tomorrow!"

:bounce:

Doubt it =/. My feelings are startin to lean that the game will be delayed until mid-November sometime.

when they say its gold isnt it supposed to be offiial? like that day...

i dunno ;x

It's entirely up to the developer as to if and when any 'It's gone Gold' announcement takes place. The phenomenon of announcements of a game's finilization is really a product of synergy between the Internet, and PR departments of game developers (and publishers).

Just like it was up to Valve to hold off on the announcement of HL2 untill it was awfully near completion, Valve may be (or be planning to be) holding off on the Gold press release.

What do you mean hold off on Gold press release? You mean holding it off from going Gold period? Or just them announcing it going Gold when it secretly will?

The latter. Naturally, I'm not thinking Valve will hold off on the actual finilization, just the announcement of it. See my first post on this thread :)

They cant just mass produce it and keep quiet.

Dudes at the factory will see and will tell. It's just not going to happen as easy as you think.

Somewhat off-topic, but is it me, or is anyone else noticing major lag, and sometimes HL2.net isnt even up and working?

Would be cool if he posted that interview with Gabe where we got to ask the questions. *See sticky*

They've said that if they finished early, they would keep on working and polishing no matter what. There's no end to what you can do.

If it wen't gold already I would expect a:

HL2-FLT.BIN and CUE

maybe valve is going to finish the game and just not sell it! like a cruel horrible joke! LOL! that would be great!

Originally posted by Goombatommy
Doubt it =/. My feelings are startin to lean that the game will be delayed until mid-November sometime.

Me too. <pessimism>I think this will be the "black week" where they finally announce the delay and then mollify us with the remaining movies.</pessimism>

People say that Valve wouldn't dare delay this close to the release date as it would be suicide. I think, personally, that Valve is indestructible. Sure, they might make A LOT of people mad, but when the killer reviews roll in, even the most angry will break down and buy it anyway.

Back