Here's my new DM Map

S

sgtfly

I'm just starting to map again and here's my first one. It's an old abandoned truckstop near where I live. I changed a few things but I think it looks ok. Only thing I'm not sure about is R-rate on this map and it could probably use some tweaking or some re-editing on a few things but over all works real well. It's also not as dark as some of the pics.

Attachments

• Capture_016.jpg
    Capture_016.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 274
It isn't as dark as the pic's and there is alot of color. I'm using mostly standard HL2 textures and models. The ceilings are there and you can see them in game. The outside is somewhat dim to take advantage of the lighting on the building and islands, I guess also since it is abandoned and we used to walk thru it while some of the lights still worked. I knew who owned it.
Yes it's still quite beta and I am having trouble finding and building models for it. I want to locate some truck models for it, but they are hard to find. I'm not that good at modeling.
I am trying to keep that stripped out run down look to it. :)

Any help would be appreciated if anyone has or knows where I can find truck models to use. Here's a couple more screen shots.
Any help or suggestions would be cool too.

There are those busted-up oil tankers and flat-tired cabs you could use, but there aren't any non-destroyed ones to my knowledge.

Personally, it was better and had much better atmosphere at night

creepy. Cant wait :D

I lightened the last pics in Photoshop so they could be seen better. There is a small lower level too, but that is not finished yet.

Can you protect the spawn points? One thing I hate is when designers stick spawn points in congested areas...u r toast b4 u know what hit you. Some CTF maps floating around have u spawn in a separate room guarded by a force field...good idea, more TDM maps should be like this

just an idea...map looks cool so far. how are the FPS? :dork:

I have a few areas where the frame-rate slows down and I'm working on that. It's being a pain but over all it's very good. Yea, the one thing i hate is getting 'gakked' right off the bat and not being able to move. I'm trying to do that but it is hard.
Not having mapped for awhile, I'm finding the going alittle slow. Hopefully I'll have it out and posted in a couple weeks. :)

At least you're trying. Flashy maps are nice to look at, but too many people leave out balance and what not... looking forward to the release. :cheers:

Back