HEV Suit

S

sovereign

Something I find interesting is...how did the good people at Black Mesa end up the with Gordon's HEV Suit. I mean he had it on when he was on the train with G-man at the ending of half-life 1.

The_Monkey said:
It isn't the same suit.

Kliener says that it is Gordons suit with a few modification. And besides it realistically looks like his suit considering that he wasn't wearing one at the beginning of HL2. Gman might of given it to Kliener

DEATH eVADER said:
Kliener says that it is Gordons suit with a few modification. And besides it realistically looks like his suit considering that he wasn't wearing one at the beginning of HL2. Gman might of given it to Kliener
Well Gordons suit was probably mass produced

That one had no long-jump module attached

The GMan needn't have given it, Gordon could have given it to Barney right after HL for all we know, before they got seperated (could be good to see gordon without a HEV in a HL2X)

It's definitely been heavily modified, though. And it seems that it's now a MKV instead of the original MKIV. Interestingly, that BMRF shift timetable thing that I've seen for one of the Half Life games (BS, I think) mentions that the MKV was being tested as a prototype at the time of the Incident.

[EDIT]: Kingreaper, I don't think he had a chance to give it to Barney. Gordon was still wearing the HEV when the G-Man began to do wierd things to Gordy's personal bit of the universe at the end of HL1.

isnt gordon wearing the suit at the end of hl1 but evidently he is wearin da blue suit like every1 else at the start of hl2 or everyone would notice him????

happymushroom said:
isnt gordon wearing the suit at the end of hl1 but evidently he is wearin da blue suit like every1 else at the start of hl2 or everyone would notice him????
so much so that one of the two riders says he never even saw gordon board the train.

Who says that this is Gordon's first time out of the Gman's little box?

The guys at VALVe seem to keep implying and all those interviews and emails and whatnot that, for Gordon and the player, it feels as though no time has passed between HL1 and HL2, or something like that, anyway.

the Gman took Gordon's suit and gave it to Kleiner for modifications

We see G-Man warning Cubbage about the Gunship, it shouldn't be too hard too believe that G-Man gave Kleiner the HEV suit.

Plot hall. What about the crowbar ? Did Barny go to xen and got it ?

SearanoX said:
I'm betting that the G-man gave Kleiner the suit, simply because it's the only logical explanation.

interesting view of logic
OR it's not the same suit? that was tough

there was multiple suits, in the lockers where you get yours there was 3 chambers for suits, just the other 2 were empty. Not to mention on Xen you see countless corpses of people who also have HEV suits on. It needent be the same suit and I doubt the G-man gave it to Kleiner

happymushroom said:

he's wearing normal clothes. blueish pants and a greyish shirt like all the other people. he doesn't have the combine armour on. thats why the guy, dunno his name i think he's gordans friend, has to lie and tell the combine officer that he wants to talk alone to gordon and he disables the camera at the start, in the room when you see that professor guy on the tv thingy. (yes i know i'm very technical :p).

Adrien C said:
Plot hall. What about the crowbar ? Did Barny go to xen and got it ?

I hope you are being sarcastic. because we all know there is only one crowbar on earth that gordon or barny could acquire...

Why coudln't kleiner and Eli vance have created the suit themselves? They can rebuild labs and teleporters but not an HEV suit?

I think it could be either "mysteriously delivered" to them while gordon was on ice, which would also explain why they gave hints that they knew or expected gordon to return one day instead of assuming he was killed saving them from xen. I mean, they never got any evidence that he survived? so why not the suit showing up giving them that hope?

Or being that they are capable of creating gravity guns and teleporters, created a new suit for general use or once again given some reason to prepare for gordon coming back.

I'm kinda of the opinion that the story makes it pretty clear that the resistance hired Freeman by way of the G-man. Kleiner and Barney's remarks about not expecting Gordon so soon at the start, as well as Eli and Alyx reactions to Breen at the end, seem to suggest this heavily. Thus I think it's safe to assume that G-man gave the HL1 HEV suit to Kleiner at least several weeks before Gordon even arrived, so it could be modified for the upcoming tasks.

Not to mention that at the start of the toxic sludge area near the canals you come across a guy fighting some headcrabs. After they are dead, you hear a female voice announcing over the radio that "Gordon Freeman has returned" and that everybody is to help him reach Black Mesa, then the guy tells you that you had better be on your way.

Have any of you Played Half Life: Source, It seems they changed the HEV to a MkV in it, because it keeps going on about fractures an multiple lacarations and stuff, and it definatly didnt do that in the Original HL

Rasta-Bunny said:
Have any of you Played Half Life: Source, It seems they changed the HEV to a MkV in it, because it keeps going on about fractures an multiple lacarations and stuff, and it definatly didnt do that in the Original HL
Yes, it did

I remember because I was playing original HL just before HL:S came out

I was playing Gonarchs Lair in HL:S and its bloody annoying, coz of all the mini nearly invisable Headcrabs wandering about, and then all you hear is teh headcrab noise and then "MINOR LACERATION DETECTED!" and it keeps going on until you get the thousand little buggers that are attacing you!!!

Back