hi, has anyone seen this screenshot before?

oh, does anyone know what its from? like a magazine and when it came out how long ago? they look different from the e3 2004 ant lions.

it's still one of the best screenshots showing off normal maps displacement mapping and specularity on the tile walls.

Yeah, I know, that's a gorgeus pic. Or sumthing..

geekusa said:
oh, does anyone know what its from? like a magazine and when it came out how long ago? they look different from the e3 2004 ant lions.

I think it was Gabe who posted it at the HL2 Fallout forums, when he was trying to explain something. Its about 1 and half months old.

yeah, look up on our members list. look for Gabe Newell and Greg Coomer...afaik, they've posted the most of the valve staffers.

Jeez just because you have seen it before doesn't make it OLD.

:p

Welcome to the forums.

thanks, i actually like the way the newer ant lions look when compared to the older ones of 2003 e3 videos, i think they look more detailed, although i did like the ones for e3 2004 with the spots on their wings, they looked more insect like.

it was the first screenshot of the flash light i think :] looks pretty sweet :)

First time I've seen it. Gotta say, I liked the old Antlions better, they looked meaner. I think it's this new fluorescent green skin they have, looks like something from Sesame Street.

Wait a minute, where exactly is the light actually coming from? I don't see a flashlight...

/me loves to nitpick.

vegeta897 said:
Jeez just because you have seen it before doesn't make it OLD.

:p

Welcome to the forums.

totally agreed, its not that old i mean theres not a lot of new material out these days i think it counts as almost like the third most recent thing out. and correct me (with proof) if im wrong but i'm pretty sure thats the only first and only screenshot of the funky new flashlight.

i may be newish here but i read these a lot i just dont post that much. theres not much hl2 stuff i aint seen, or heard, or read.

iamaelephant said:
Wait a minute, where exactly is the light actually coming from? I don't see a flashlight...

/me loves to nitpick.

The suit has a build in flashlite on shoulder level (I don't think Gordon wears a helmet) so shoulder would be the most obvious choise, but I'm just guession :)

Maybe there are different versions of the antlions....some green some more brownish.

Qwertywasd said:
Maybe Gordon is a dog?! ?!
No.

And heres a screenshot (since we are on the ss topic) it has the brownish antlion in it. Just note however the crappy lighting affect around the combine soldier that is on the balcony (they probally changed this tho). Also if you look at the close combine soldier his foot is stepping directly through the foot of a dead combine soldier, this is hopefully getting fixed too.

We've seen everything you find on the net already when you come here. Unless it's a new bink, meaning not CS:S.

Back