Hidden face in Episode 2 GCF

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really think that might be Stephen Hawking. Which begs the question: why in the hell is he in a picture of a combine advisor?!

... It would be kinda cool if valve put him in one of the games, maybe to seal off the combine world from earth... Cause hawking's a smart ****er... Just a few months ago he invented a number with a billion zeros...

And the lips are too big to be freeman... And there's no goatee.

Maybe that's foreshadowing... What if the advisers found hawking and sucked out everything he knows?! O_O

He could have a gravity gun and an AR2 bolted onto his wheelchair. Now that would be a fun FPS.

Gearbox?

That's creepy as hell.

I think we might've stumbled upon a major easter egg.

I did a bit of reconstructive surgery:

1778334083_efd8bb746d_o.jpg

It looks like an old woman to me, possibly of African origin.

Just a few months ago he invented a number with a billion zeros...

You pretty much can't invent numbers...and besides, even if you could, it's pretty simple...I could just say I invented a number with a trillion zero's.

But anyway, there is a number that FAR surpasses a one followed by a billion zeros. For example

A quick background, a googol (from which google.com got its name) is a 1 followed by one-hundred zeros (or 10^100, or ten duotrigntillion if you follow standard naming practices)

Then there is a googolplex, which is a 1 followed by a googol zeros(or 10^10^100) it's actually impossible to even write the number, because;
1. If you wrote it in 1 pt font, the length would stretch longer than the known universe.
2. There aren't even a googol particles in the known universe (only around 10^81 exist)
3. it would take 1.1^1082 billion years to write at 2 digits per second.

And no, I don't think it looks like Stephen Hawking. I think it may foreshadow someone we will be meeting in ep3, possibly an agent of the combine, or even G-Man's rival.

Ooh...spooky...

Looks a bit to me like one of the famous German physicists...or maybe Jean-Paul Sartre.

What a brilliant find! :D

That this chap is in a picture with a Combine Advisor allows for a great deal of possibilities...

drrbne7.png

borealisfilmslide001wo7.jpg

I can see that the face next to the Advisor got glasses, which seem to be sort of similar to either of those two scientists standing in front of the Borealis, at least the short woman's

Anyhow, thats my half-thoughtfull clue

discuss :)

I thought this too, but couldn't find the pic, thanks. I think it has to do with Apature.

whoever he is, hes butt-ugly.

but i still love valve.
DONT HATE ME VALVE!

maybe it's Cave Johnson, founder of Aperture Labs?

We don't see his face in Portal, despite the rest of his body showing up. It looks consistent with him.

Ok, I've been wondering for a long time: where did the picture of the Borealis come from?

And when do we see the body of Cave Johnson without a head. Or rather, when do we see him period?

And when do we see the body of Cave Johnson without a head. Or rather, when do we see him period?

In the part where you get the companion cube, behind the test chamber somewhere, there are several pics of a man in suit, and his face is covered by the companion-cube picture.

I apologise if I'm being naive, but how do we know that is him?

Where have you discovered this information about Apature Science?

I apologise if I'm being naive, but how do we know that is him?

I believe the code to Cjohnson's account and password were written below those pictures and text, and well, no one knows if it's him for sure, but most speculations and theories point towards that

You pretty much can't invent numbers...and besides, even if you could, it's pretty simple...I could just say I invented a number with a trillion zero's.

But anyway, there is a number that FAR surpasses a one followed by a billion zeros. For example

A quick background, a googol (from which google.com got its name) is a 1 followed by one-hundred zeros (or 10^100, or ten duotrigntillion if you follow standard naming practices)

Then there is a googolplex, which is a 1 followed by a googol zeros(or 10^10^100) it's actually impossible to even write the number, because;
1. If you wrote it in 1 pt font, the length would stretch longer than the known universe.
2. There aren't even a googol particles in the known universe (only around 10^81 exist)
3. it would take 1.1^1082 billion years to write at 2 digits per second.

Aww, what tiny numbers you have there. Try Graham's number or some values of the Ackermann function. Googol's tiny, it's just a 1 with 100 zeros. Googolplex is tiny, it's just a 1 with a googol zeros. Try some numbers where you can't say how many zeros there are because there's more of them than there are particles in the universe. Well, googolplex is like that, but it's just an quick step from googol to googolplex by saying "1 with (last big number) of zeros after it." Try numbers so big the number of times you'd make that step is inconceivably large.

The Ackermann function grows incredibly fast. If you could snap your fingers and cause every particle in the universe to become a new universe unto itself, you could snap your fingers your whole life and not get to Ackermann(4,4). Busy beaver grows faster still, but is incomputable.

Sorry to go off topic; I like big numbers. It's really amazing to realize how tiny pretty much all practically useful numbers are. Infinity is pretty easily conceivable. Numbers so big that it's hard to say how big they are are hard to get one's head around.

edit: Oh, and that face is freaky.

Underneath one of the pictures with a companion cube over it's face is a little thing that says, "Our founder."

I just realized the aperture science website cites that he was DYING, but not dead. If the G-Man's been around for awhile with the ability to travel through time and space, maybe he saved Cave and he'll show up in Ep3/Portal 2?

How does that look like the Gman or Freeman?

The bottom lip is way bigger than any of them.

It could also possibly be Doctor Richard Keller from HL Decay

Keller01.jpg

Why did you bump this? It was...
A month?
I don't know, but still why is this being bumped?

This thread was drained of its usefulness and interesting information long ago, November to be exact. Leave the dead alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back