Hidden "Memory" Sounds

N

nacentaeons

Ok at serveral points in the game valve have used sounds to represent the memory of something that has gone on to enhance the story, we probably all know the first two but i was was wondering if people have found any more in the course of the game (i.e. without using noclip or going into the game directory). Heres the ones i can find:

1The play ground: the sound of children laughing right near the begining of the game in city 17

2Water Hazard: Wind Chimes, at a fork in the waterway if you go to the right there is what looks like a small settlement that has been abandoned and the eerie sound of windchimes

3Ravenholme 1: woman crying, as you enter the building after the first propellor trap.

4Ravenholme 2: woman laughing, in the "infirmary" and you look at the table with the fast zombie on it.

Any more? Did i just imagine these?

I never heard about 3 and 4. Anyway, why is he having memories like this?

i suppose valve meant them to be ghosts of events that took place to addmore atmosphere and give more depth to the game, i didnt mean that they where memories that gordon is having

I think they should try to make horror games someday. they are extremly good at it.

Let's not forget about HL1. You hear ghostly sounds when you first entered On a Rail, and you hear memories of scientists saying stuff such as "We tried to warn them!" just before you jump into the portal to the Nihilanth. Damn that place was scary! The red portal, the floating platforms, all in the pitch darkness.

lol... I never heard those sounds back in HL2. though the voices in Xen freaked me out.

sfc_hoot said:
Let's not forget about HL1. You hear ghostly sounds when you first entered On a Rail, and you hear memories of scientists saying stuff such as "We tried to warn them!" just before you jump into the portal to the Nihilanth. Damn that place was scary! The red portal, the floating platforms, all in the pitch darkness.
i never heard those sounds in hl1 maybe i will go back and play it. what is this hl 1 source thing is it free?

i remember the on a rail sounds....if you go into the gcf files under sound ambience, look for 'the_horrorx' replacing X with a number and them are the sounds

Sid Burn said:
I never heard about 3 and 4. Anyway, why is he having memories like this?
Cause he is nuts... Very quiet bookish guy suffers through horrible catastrophe, stops speaking and becomes a killing machine capable of making fools out of the U.S. military’s best. He flipped. ;)

can we get some screens plz, i have a hard time figuring out where, except for the first one

is there any way to record the sounds from the game?
that would be kool

if that is possible then you could give samples of the sounds that you heard

Z3R0112 said:
is there any way to record the sounds from the game?
that would be kool

if that is possible then you could give samples of the sounds that you heard

You can go into the .gcf and get the sounds out yourself

you forgot the tv on anticitizen one playing weird music that reminds you of something (right after dog hijacks the dropship and the citadel walls fall)

how can you get the sounds out of the .gcf file?
u need any program?

Sid Burn said:
lol... I never heard those sounds back in HL2. though the voices in Xen freaked me out.
The nahiliths voice sent shivers up my spine. it got clearer and clearer the closer you hehe loved it

Back