High Definition Half Life 2 Question

Alan Freeman

Reaction score
Im going shopping tomm and i was wondering if anyone knows of anyone that is useing HD TV for hl2 or any games for that matter to play pc games. And if so do they like it. Or do you know of any sites that might speak of this . I really want to purchase a HD tv for CS:S and hl2 but also for future games like ... welll just read my sig to find out . Thanks alot your friend

Alan. :thumbs:

Keep in mind when i baught my X800Pro it came with tv out or whatever you call it. Plus i plugged it into my old 27" tv and it looked great i thought.

what kind of cable would I need to hook up my 6800ultra enabled comp to my tv? the tv has the round comp-like connector s-video I think. its a big wide screen hdtv too.

Rocketman9mm said:
what kind of cable would I need to hook up my 6800ultra enabled comp to my tv? the tv has the round comp-like connector s-video I think. its a big wide screen hdtv too.
you should of got some video connectors with that vid card so hook i t up its simple

correct me if im wrong, but isnt HD TV just TV at 1280x1024 res? so would a large tft monitor work just as well? (and be cheaper)

How would you connect it to the PC though? DVI? VGA? S-Video? Composite?

Only certain connections can support the higher bandwidth needed for the highest screen res in HD TV. We had a problem with an HDTV satellite receiver in that our 23" LCD would only display it in the lower screen res when connected - this may have been a limitation of our TV though, which wasn't HDTV.

Back