High Dynamic Range Lighting and you!

NeptuneUK

Space Core
Reaction score
FAQ

1) hey hey hey cut the crap! will HDR run on my pc!?!?

hey there, little timmy! calm down! HDR theoretically will work on most directX 9 graphics cards!

2) but bobby said that only the latest cards out will be able to run it!

bobby can crawl into a hole and die! a geforce 6800 or radeon X800 is reccomended to run HDR lighting but any lower card than this may have a slight performance hit depending on how much older the card is, but will be able to run source with HDR lighting enabled

3) you're all liars, only my SLI twin 7800s can run HDR lighting!!!!! muahaha!! i will destroy you puny humans!!!

actually, erik johnson from valve playtested Day of Defeat : Source on a radeon 9800XT card with HDR lighting enabled and had a good framerate!

4) your FAQ didnt help me, and this is just a question at the bottom to make it look like it had more questions, why is it here?

shush you!

*grin* Soon... soon my LAPTOP shall arrive, with it's 6800 Go and 1GB ram! No more 5200/512mb for me! Full settings are coming my way!

Well after previous arguments in the last HDR thread made that answered all my questions in one, ta.

use the damn search button for christ sake theres been so many threads about this

I think that he was basically aiming for an end-all 'HDR questions' thread... So that people don't make anymore of them...

It was a good idea, but....... We can't be too sure yet, really...

Asking whether a computer will run HDR okay is one thing; asking if it will run Lost Coast is another thing... 'Til Lost Coast and Day of Defeat are released we cannot really make too much judgement as to what to expect. Right now, we're going to just have to bear through the threads full of repetitive questions and for the most part, irrelevant answers.

giant384 said:
use the damn search button for christ sake theres been so many threads about this

use the read button, there have been too many threads about this.

what he said
Yes and don't revive this one..... It's not been posted in for 22+ days which is a long time for a thread on these forums.

lol, thanx

knowing my luck i still wont be able to run hdr, despite my pc being perfectly capable, itll explode on the day of releace or somthing. or it wil ldecided to just not run hdr

Hehehehe, this brought me Joy. Reminds me of Troy Maclure.

And yet again you seem to like bumping it some more with a useless revival post. Don't post in it, and it might just stay dead.

If i knew what bumping was i probably wouldn't do it, so keep ya f****** hat on, k :smoking:

Bumping refers to the act of replying to a topic with a useless post, resulting in a topic being "bumped" to the top of the listing, giving it more prominence.

Ah ok ... See, now if someone had just said that to me rather then throw a hissy fit it woulda been a lot easier, thanks :cheers:

Back