high poly Enterprise-E

clarky003

Tank
Reaction score
Been doing this on the side amongst other stuff in my spare time, wanted to get the basic mesh done before I posted it.

Ill post updates as chunks of detail are added, aim here is to hit the realisim G spot thats needed to get close ups to look convincing, for use in a space dock scene mainly.. and maybe make a vid of how im going through adding the detail later.

E1.jpg

E2.jpg

mindless_moder said:
ofcourse he's using 3dsmax every all self respecting game dev's do :rolleyes: .

Like Valve?

Oh wait...

We get it, you use 3dsmax...it's not better than XSI...it's a preference thing. For Christ's sake stop going about it

pwnage. thats aso weird coz i was just about to say like valve?

either are good modelling tools, max just happens to excel when it comes to post production and effect's.

E_wire.jpg

verts: 15551

ouch pretty high poly but looking good. are you gona normal map it>?

clarky003 said:
either are good modelling tools, max just happens to excel when it comes to post production and effect's.

verts: 15551

:LOL:

anyway, is that the wires for the subd'd mesh? if it is could you show us the base mesh wires

lol, thats not funny, its true.. I prefer the max interface definately.. I cant recall people using XSI for plentiful 3rd party plugins, indepth particle, modifying, animating and lighting effect's, for creating CGI advert's or animation's for movie scenes, its the main difference. Max has far more features, its been around a long time so its more polished.

Im not into this 'which is better' malarky but valve started out on HL2 with max if you have a read, they only switched to XSI for consideration of the modding scene

its set at one level of sub division's, and yes if you would like that.

that is so untrue is uberliveable. xsi is often used for cgi in film and adverts.

clarky003 said:
lol, thats not funny, its true.. I prefer the max interface definately.. I cant recall people using XSI for plentiful 3rd party plugins, indepth particle, modifying, animating and lighting effect's, for creating CGI advert's or animation's for movie scenes, its the main difference. Max has far more features, its been around a long time so its more polished.

Im not into this 'which is better' malarky but valve started out on HL2 with max if you have a read, they only switched to XSI for consideration of the modding scene

:LOL:

first of all i was being sarcastic just cracking a joke with crackhead because hes a self proclaimed xsi . sheesh. lets not derail the thread with this arguement .

I could be totally wrong but dont the CS guys use Biped? which is a max thing

for me the top 3 are

1)maya
2)3dsmax
3)well that doesnt matter cause I only like using the first 2 :p

lol well, our particular orientation to 3D programs doesnt really matter, its what can be done with it.

the base mesh,

E_wire1.jpg

verts: 3999

and ive added the cavity's for the impulse engine's.

E3.jpg

clarky003 said:

btw ilm is rebuilding there pipeline around xsi :naughty:

holy high poly batman!

ha ha ha, well anyways, nice model none-the-less, it looks great!

Back