Highway 17 Buggy Window Jump Problem

drysdan

Reaction score
Hell of glitch, need help:

I'm playing the Xbox version of HL2 (I know, I know), and in Highway 17, at the part where you jump the buggy through the window in the warehouse (just after the crane, before the bridge jump), I'm stuck. When I accelerate at the window, I just bounce off. I've tried turbo-ing at max speed, just plain accelerating, blasting the window out with rockets, grenades, etc. Nothing will break out the window.

The glass breaks out, but the wood supports between the window panes seem to be unbreakable... Any suggestions?

Thanks,

T

Hm, weird. Occasionally I'll get stuck too, but not that badly (I have the 360 version, which has fewer bugs).
You may have to reload to a earlier point in the game; there could be a break trigger that isn't firing (if the wood is set to "break" on cue when the glass does, I don't know the specifics of that map) or the file may be corrupted. Unfortunately the XBOX version has a lot more bugs than the 360 version.

I remember that bit being quite tricky to get right in the PC version, but this definitely sounds like some kind of bug. Might have to just cheat a bit to get past it?

Wuzn't tricky at all akshuly, sillyhead! What's so tricky about jumping a buggy through a freakin' huge window. I'm talking of the PC version of course.

If the XBOX version has a bug, it might prove kinda tricky.

Wuzn't tricky at all akshuly, sillyhead! What's so tricky about jumping a buggy through a freakin' huge window. I'm talking of the PC version of course.
Because in order to get up to enough speed before hitting the ramp, I found that I had to drive around the previous corner, into the warehouse, and THEN hit the turbo. If I hit the turbo too late, I didn't go through the window. If I hit it too early, I lost all steering capability and missed the ramp. It took me a few goes to get it.

Simply ... the controls of the buggy are terrible. But I think it's meant to be that way.

So, sadly, i couldn't find any way to fix (or even properly identify) this little bug. I gave up and managed to noclip my way across the broken bridge, and proceeded to slowly complete Highway 17.

On freaking foot. oh well.

But, in another glitch, which may or may not be related, the gunships (like the one at the lighthouse, not the helicopter ones) seem to be indestructible now.

I managed to blow up the first one in Highway 17 (before the window incidend), but with the lighthouse one, and the Nova Prospekt one, i've hit it with DOZENS of rockets, with no effect other than making it emit some black smoke for a few seconds, but then the smoking stops.

And yes, I'm sure i'm hitting it, rather than letting it shoot down my rockets. :)

Odd freakin glitches in this version.

Can't you also go around that warehouse? Just to the right of it?

Sounds like its properly bugger. Might be worth loading an earlier save if possible

Back