HiT-SQUAD Winchester

Chimera

Reaction score
Here's my Winchester 1300 model. I'm still not satisfied with it yet, but I can't figure out what exactly bugs me about it.

It's at about 1400 /\'s right now. Light - I know but I can't find a logical place to add more.

C&C?

win1300A.jpg

a good place to putit would be the pump make those rings , in the second gun at the barrel edge that bit looks like its cracked

I had thought about modeling the grooves in the pump, but I think that would put me way over budget.

in the second gun at the barrel edge that bit looks like its cracked
windetail.jpg

right on the one on the top has a nice smooth curve but this one is kind of cracked.
the bump handle should be bump maped then try a cylindrical unwrap now and bump map it.

That cracking you see is probably just a shading error. I'll see if I can't track it down.

Thanks for the feedback.

I think that pump looks a little small compared to the ref... Not much, just a tiny bit :)

Groovy, heh.

Anyhow, here's an update. I think I fixed that shading error below the sight, and I enlarged the pump a bit.

The grooves will probably be done with normal/bump maps so the gun can be scaled down for lower-end systems.

win1300B.jpg

Here's a link to the wire if anyone is interested: wire

nice but its not that much different dont waste so much time on it its just a shotgun carry on.

It wasn't supposed to be different, I was posting the fixes I made.

I had a Winchester Defender (I used to be a gun nut ;) )which is pretty much the same gun. Looks fairly accurate.

Here's the very minor things which I think would push it to perfect:

(see attachment)

A - This part is to conical, take the verts that I'm pointing to here and scale them just a bit to make it more rounded.

B - This part doesn't look exactly right, it's good though, but I think the seam should be more defined on the bottom. Just a lil nitpick tho.

C - The slide that hooks to the 'pump' is actually two pieces on either side. It's hard to tell from your render but it looks like one. It also has an indentation where it gets smaller towards the reciever.

The 1300 is a great gun, so great that this gun - the FN Police Shotgun is actually a modified 1300 built by Winchester:

FNPS.GIF

Actually after looking at this pic now your pump looks alot like the one in this pic.... so maybe it's good enough after all.

I actually made the whole pump more of an oval shape. That's why the cone part there is a little off. That's easily fixed though. Good call on part B, I think the angle I made it at is wrong.

As for C, do you mean the spacer between the barrel and the pump?

C yeah, the rails connecting the pump(where you hold it) to the reciever.

You can see it pretty good in that FN Police Shotgun pic above, there's actually one of those on either side.

Ahh the fond memories of cleaning that son-o-beach after going shooting hehe. It's actually a easy gun to strip.

Oh I see. I found a parts manual and figured out what you were talking about. Maybe I'll get a chance to post and update after work tonight.

Thanks for the help!

Is this more along the lines of what you were thinking Grey?

metalrods.jpg

Yeap. Looks like the real thing :) Great job.

You should try doing a version with the FN modications, but I don't know if you need another shotgun for your mod.

Back