Hk Xm8

oldfaq

Reaction score
hey all,
I'm back again and with another weapon, the HK XM8 and it's coming along really nice, I want all of your comments and crits on this weapon so I can make it better, I will also be making another 2 variations of it, the Heavy Version and a grenade launcher version, which isn't very much different from the normal verson just a grenade launcher, I kept the same style of rendering since everyone liked it :D so here it is and enjoy, also it isn't optimized yet so its over 3k
oldfaq

Faces : 3253

xm81.jpg

xm82.jpg

xm83.jpg

xm84.jpg

xm85.jpg

It looks quite good. But you wasted LOADS! of polgons on the front handle when at the end of the day the hand will cover it anyway.

6/10

yeah I know, this is just a high poly version ;) I am going to be cutting it down just like the HK UMP.45 and using a low poly version that'll just be bump mapped :) heh... should've said that in the first post XX
oldfaq

If its the high polgon version I would sujest putting a lot more polgons into it. Especially.... infact, the whole model is pritty basic except for the front handle.

lol,
I know but when I say high poly, I only mean 3-6k nothing more nothing less, lol.... and it's not done yet either
oldfaq

Wow, finally something new, better than the 40000000 M4's we see day to day.

I'm working on the "Haevy" version right now, Im changing the main desig of the gun, no scope :D
oldfaq

Well, the model is really good...

BUT THE WEAPON IS SO UGLY! :eek: :angry:

hey,
lol well heres the Heavy version without the front grip, which I can easily add ot it ;) enjoy :D
oldfaq

iron sight.jpg

xm8h1.jpg

xm8h2.jpg

xm8h3.jpg

thanks :D I didn't smooth the heavy version yet XX so that's why it amy look kinda odd, but do you like the style of the Heavy?
oldfaq

I like the style of heavy, especially the stand for the front (well done!)

My only crit would be make the rounded clip a bit rounder.

Nice one, I was wondering when someone would get around to doing one of these :)

:afro:

oldfaq said:
lol,
I know but when I say high poly, I only mean 3-6k nothing more nothing less, lol.... and it's not done yet either
oldfaq

Looks quite good.

But why are you bothering with a highpoly version if your only going to use 3-6k poly's? For a bumpmap, that's almost pointless I would think. Seems like a 50,000 poly version would be much better to use for a high poly model.

hahah,
Im just pimpin it, lol Im not gonig to actually use one ingame it's just so I can get the bump map right, I still have work to do
oldfaq

the xm8 doesnt use traditional ironsights. you need 2 sets of ironsights in order to properly aim, the design of the weapon excludes iron sights. instead it (as you modeled earlier) uses trijicon scopes, or acog scopes, or red dot aimpoints.

Finally an XM8 model... I'm sick of AK-47s and M4s :(

It looks great.

Back