Hl 1 i want awnsers

Most likely, the tanks were there for the same reason as you were: to destroy the nihilanth (sp). All the way through xen, you could see other attempts (all which, of course, ended in failures)

oh god of course the combine were in control of xen, thats the point of the combine, they take over other races and turn them into diff parts of their army. think of the definition of the word combine.

this has been done to death on these forums, and marc laidlaw has confirmed it to be correct via that HL story website. so do a search next time before spouting incorrect opinions as fact.

Hm? weird thing to say...."opinion as fact" seems to be what you're doing. IIRC all Marc Laidlaw said about that site was that it was "largely correct". Which could mean anything. It certainly doesn't mean that the Combine were in control of Xen.

But now that you tell us to think of the definition of the word Combine... well, now I can see it all, no evidence needed, thanks :/

Hm? weird thing to say...."opinion as fact" seems to be what you're doing. IIRC all Marc Laidlaw said about that site was that it was "largely correct". Which could mean anything. It certainly doesn't mean that the Combine were in control of Xen.

But now that you tell us to think of the definition of the word Combine... well, now I can see it all, no evidence needed, thanks :/

What the Hell! His whole site starts off with the theory that the Combine control Xen. If the Combine didn't control Xen nothing else in his timeline makes sense, Except maybe the Citadel falling.

Marc Laidlaw saying "largely correct" basically says to me that he is wrong about the lambda sattelite or the colour of Gordons shoes.

What the Hell! His whole site starts off with the theory that the Combine control Xen. If the Combine didn't control Xen nothing else in his timeline makes sense, Except maybe the Citadel falling.

Sure it still could make sense - everything after the HL1 section could remain almost unchanged even if you say that the Combine never controlled Xen.

And "largely correct" really is as vague as it sounds...it also means that some of it is *in*correct. I doubt even Marc Laidlaw has solidified every single theory about HL1 or 2 to himself. By making a site like that you're probably committing yourself to truths that not even the creators of HL would commit to, but would rather leave ambiguous for the purposes of flexibility.

I like the ambiguity of HL and so I find it kind of lame when people say stuff like "omfg combine are obviously in control of Xen THINK ABOUT IT you n00b! and metrocops are human and Gman is an intergalactic rebel fighting the Combine bcos Marc Laidlaw said so"
...there really is as much contradicting evidence for those things as there is supporting evidence, so it's silly to pretend that those are "de facts" or even the most likely theory IMO.

so blue shift isn't really appart of the hl storyline?

and combine controll xen??

somsone give me deffinite yes or nos..

Back