HL 2 Multiplayer question !

ulukai

Reaction score
If i ve understand well what gabe say the hl 2 multi will be only cs 2 ?

Man if is that, it sucks, i want a deathmatch like HL with the shotgun, anti gravity gun etc...

We don't know anything for sure. Stay tuned: we're sure to hear more on this topic in the next two days of E3.

Already answered.

CS:Source is "A" multiplayer, it isn't part of Half-Life 2's main application. Thats impossible. You guys can believe what you want when you say that you don't know or it might be. I will use common logic.

The stolen beta also assures some kind of Multiplayer in HL2.

Not trying to cause a debate, because there isn't anything to debate. HL2 and CS are seperate clients, and cannot co-exist in the same game.

Has someone e-mailed Gabe about this yet?
I personally think HL2 will have it's own multiplayer.

It sure wouldn't suck (people that don't have the skill complain about it)! it would be the only thing I could ask..but: for your sake, it's not going to be the only mod for the game or even released with the game..CS2 will be a seperate release later on from Valve and the team which are in the making process..
AND READ SOME POSTS/DO SOME RESEARCH BEFORE POSTING!

Polykarbon said:
Already answered.

CS:Source is "A" multiplayer, it isn't part of Half-Life 2's main application. Thats impossible. You guys can believe what you want when you say that you don't know or it might be. I will use common logic.

Not trying to cause a debate, because there isn't anything to debate. HL2 and CS are seperate clients, and cannot co-exist in the same game.

Poly are right, now stop trying to make the "CS2-is-the-mp-in-HL2" theory seem right.

Er... it contained a port of CS, according to some.

It's weird how like, there's a bunch of normal sounding words in these two sentances, but they work out not to make any sense at all. There is nothing technical that would forbid it.

I don't think, and hope, that CS is not the sole MP option for HL2. But it's nonsense to pretend that it's somehow impossible: defying the laws of reality.

This is insane.

Valve need to do an interview or release a statement about this MP farce thats currently happening.

What im realy realy worried about is WHY if HL2 mp is going to rock did they show Counterstrike with the exact same gamplay.

If they had something to brag about they would be bragging, im having doubts about Source and its MP capabilities.

seriously 1 email from gabe or a quick interview with any reporter could clear this crap up.

Cos im telling you now, if CS:S is HL2's MP then f*ck valve.

ScopeD said:
It sure wouldn't suck (people that don't have the skill complain about it)! it would be the only thing I could ask..but: for your sake, it's not going to be the only mod for the game or even released with the game..CS2 will be a seperate release later on from Valve and the team which are in the making process..
AND READ SOME POSTS/DO SOME RESEARCH BEFORE POSTING!

Not everyone likes CS , and people who dislike it complain, not people who have no skill. Cause for CS you dont need alot of skill to be any good. Games that require alot of skills are Quakeworld and Tribes 1/2, not CS lol.

It contained server config files for weapon placement--which included the manipulator, shotgun, buggy placement, etc. It also had mp listing files for models such as Gordon, scientists, Gman, etc. This included weapon held weapon animations, running, ducking jumping, the lot. It had temp model placements for network testing, and even had a large portion of new server side commands for specific HL2 gameplay features. It had client side prediction already implemented with weapons and buggies, and even had a half working score board. Not to mention the extreme amount of information about team deathmatch in the source files. Don't believe me? Go google HL2 mapping webpages and see what some of the people are doing with the build.

It's weird how like, there's a bunch of normal sounding words in these two sentances, but they work out not to make any sense at all. There is nothing technical that would forbid it..

It's weird how like, you cannot have tied entities in seperate gcs file in steam, because steam and hammer doesn't allow it. It's wierd how CS and EVERY mod uses it's own config and server variables, which cannot tie into another game...without causing problems. There isn't a single updates you can do to source or half-life to allow this, except for an entire re-write of the engine, to support the fgd addons. In this case, mods wouldn't even be mods, they would just be new models and scripts, and be part of one game. This can only cause problems in the long run anyway. This is why all development companies release sdks and allow mod developers to make clients based on their main game or engine. They don't allow them to implement it right into the game.

This would be great if they could do this! Cause anyone could implement anything into any mod at any time. Impossible...

Use some common logic. When you understand how the steam file platform works, and how clients/mods work...you understand that CS:Source CANNOT be a part of Half-Life 2's in game client.

Not even the Hammer build in the stolen build allows it. You cannot have seperate code/spawn/weapon/model placements where two games have entirely different forms of code. You are trying to argue the impossible here...yet I do not see why.

Too much talk of the leak here guys. Cut right back.

Diablo2k said:
Not everyone likes CS , and people who dislike it complain, not people who have no skill. Cause for CS you dont need alot of skill to be any good. Games that require alot of skills are Quakeworld and Tribes 1/2, not CS lol.

Let's face it, cs should be compared to football at least..not everyone like the game or just are so freaking awful in it they don't even want to try. Some people will turn off the telly and say: shit, it's football everyday iwant to see some nude chicks with dicks..It's a simple game like cs, many people know how to play play it, many are enjoying it, not so many are professionals in the game, only few.

Hey, come challenge me, I will gladly teach you how to take cover and run for your life.

CS is just awesome and I know many intelligent people actually playing the game. And yes I'm an adult not some freaking teen cs noob whiner.

Gabe states (watching video while typing this):

"We're not quite done. One of the big questions is, 'What about multiplayer?' Ummm and so we decided to combine the most popular online action game with the power of the half life 2 engine. And we're going to show that to you." *CS appears on screen*

Okay...I can't imagine CS being the sole MP part of the game, but is sure seems by what Gabe said it IS part of it.

I guess the thing which stands out for me is where he says, "One of the big questions is 'what about multiplayer?'" That seems more like a comment about the game itself since they have not said anything about MP to this point. "BIG questions" seems very much aimed at the HUGE speculation over the last year of what HL2 MP would be (why else would it be a "BIG" question?) I can't see CS as being brought up the way Gabe did unless is was the answer to the "big" question about the MP portion shipping with the game itself.

Not sure why people are saying, "It's not possible" as a complete and absolute blanket statement though. Anything is possible.

Either way though, time will tell I guess...but it surely seems by what Gabe said, how he said it, and when he said it, like CS is at the very least a portion of the MP element of the final game. I hope it's not though....

You people make me cry..some of you or the big portion have not even played cs for crying out loud..I'll tell you: you're losing the best e-sports experience there is to date! Some will disagree, but face the facts. It's the biggest and most popular online FPS to date. And I'm sure it has made some progress in source (not that it should). Get some skills !

ScopeD said:
Let's face it, cs should be compared to football at least..not everyone like the game or just are so freaking awful in it they don't even want to try. Some people will turn off the telly and say: shit, it's football everyday iwant to see some nude chicks with dicks..It's a simple game like cs, many people know how to play play it, many are enjoying it, not so many are professionals in the game, only few.

Hey, come challenge me, I will gladly teach you how to take cover and run for your life.

CS is just awesome and I know many intelligent people actually playing the game. And yes I'm an adult not some freaking teen cs noob whiner.

Its all a matter of taste. I simple dont like the feel of CS , and the gameplay is too slow for me liking it. Also the lame community ruins the game for me, its not fun that your called a hacker / lamer everytime you kill someone.

And im sure you woud kick my ass in CS , cause I ve only played it for 2 weeks and then deleted it it cause it wasn't my type of game. But I still dont think CS is very skill requiring.

Like for QW you need insane reflexes and good aircontrol to be any good in it, while CS is more based around aim and also reflexes, but not as insane as Quakeworld.

ulukai said:
If i ve understand well what gabe say the hl 2 multi will be only cs 2 ?

Man if is that, it sucks, i want a deathmatch like HL with the shotgun, anti gravity gun etc...

You know, you could just make a mod with deathmatch and have all those things. I also prefer Deathmatch to Counterstrike. Counterstrike is still ok but it's too slow. Deathmatch is much faster and is alot more fun, sure there is no strategy involved in Deathmatch, But who needs Strategy when you have a SHOTGUN in your hand?! MUHAHAHAHAH!!

Anyway...yeah that's about it.

Diablo2k said:
Its all a matter of taste. I simple dont like the feel of CS , and the gameplay is too slow for me liking it. Also the lame community ruins the game for me, its not fun that your called a hacker / lamer everytime you kill someone.

And im sure you woud kick my ass in CS , cause I ve only played it for 2 weeks and then deleted it it cause it wasn't my type of game. But I still dont think CS is very skill requiring.

Like for QW you need insane reflexes and good aircontrol to be any good in it, while CS is more based around aim and also reflexes, but not as insane as Quakeworld.

I kinda agree so I think we're getting close to compromising this :)..BUT: cs is skill-based, at least when you have played the game like many years. I've got friends who have played the game like 5 years and they always score KD to like 4/1, so 4 dead people usually before they get killed. My point was just that like in football you can score behind a goalie that has played many years more than you, you can kill more skilled people in cs. that's what makes it so much fun! Trying to kill a guy that has played 5 years makes a difference though :LOL:

And the game has improved since it's first release and It's improving as we speak..

Well, to everyone it's own. I could change to some other MP though if they could even match with cs. cs has superb gameplay and crappy graphics, still it's unwrittable.

Cs was cool before with the firsts beta of it but after the are no more old school maps "cs_docks, cs_facility etc..." and there are to many cheater.

For sure cs2 will kick ass i saw the video but they can t only put cs2 like a basic mp for hl2 and i hope it won t be.

They can put it inside but with a HL2 deathmatch like all the honor he have to receive.

The only thing i'm happy i don t have to pay for HL2 i have the bundle cdkey :E .

I hope the steam rate will be high i don t want to download 3 go by steam with a rate of 360 ko/s :(

Did I hear that correctly? Somebody email Gabe?! Errrr, don't you think he's a leedle busy right now. I heard he was at some sort of show or convention, what was it called now?

Back