hl 2 speed run

Q

qdave

A new movie from the Quick Done series which started with Quake years ago. David 'marshmallow' Gibbons played Half-Life 2 from the beginning to the end in 2 hours, 57 minutes and 35 seconds. All demos are captured to AVI by David Rickard, appended into one file and compressed to one 320x240 version. More details can be found Here

GH link:
http://www.gamershell.com/download_7744.shtml

It isn't a part of the QdQ series. It wasn't even done by an SDA runner. They just ripped the name. Or actually, it isn't even called "Half-Life 2 Done Quick" as far as I know.

Hello, I'm the runner. =]

1. It's not related to QdQ at all, aside from it originally being on the SDA.
2. I am a SDA runner, since I have like 10 game runs on the SDA, Half Life 2 being one of them.
3. I find it amusing how many sites picked it up.

Original page with my comments, optional high-quality version as well:
http://www.planetquake.com/sda/other/HalfLife2.html

marshmallow said:
2. I am a SDA runner, since I have like 10 game runs on the SDA, Half Life 2 being one of them.

I didn't find your name in the database.

edit: unless you're just talking about the "other" runs.

marshmallow said:

1. It's not related to QdQ at all, aside from it originally being on the SDA.
3. I find it amusing how many sites picked it up.

Original page with my comments, optional high-quality version as well:
http://www.planetquake.com/sda/other/HalfLife2.html

you are my hero

marshmellow, are you doing another run, i put 3 small suggestions in your thread

I just downloaded the 3h 2min one. The download took 4 hours and wiewing it took three hours. I don't plan to do the same thing again. Perhaps when it's down to 2 hours I will give it another try. Anyway, way to go!

marshmallow said:

pretty cool run mate.

and sorry for inaccracies...just shamelesly copied from gamershell :p

Medium or easy i think, this was also posted on hl2.net ealier aswell :D

Thing is if you were going to do a run on hard, you know some n00b is gonna come along and beat you on easy. So I'm guessing medium/easy.

The run was done on normal.

Yes, I plan on doing another run in the near future. We've discovered a lot of amazing shortcuts...enough to definitely put it below the 2:30 mark.

a run on easy shouldn't count if anyone tries to beat this one

aerasal said:
a run on easy shouldn't count if anyone tries to beat this one
Why not? If it's all about the fastest time why not use every trick available to make it faster?

build ways to get around the damned talking --;

If someone did an easy run then it would be in its own category.

We have managed to skip a lot of talking or at least waiting for the NPCs to do their task (usually in any speedrun I can think of NPCs are notoriously slow).

For example, we've found ways to skip...

- waiting for Gregori in the cemetary
- the entire lighthouse fight
- waiting for Alyx to open the big gate
- rescuing Barney from the snipers
- waiting for the Combine to open the 'surprise' room in the museum
- waiting for the Striders to do various things

I started to watch your run. As I can remember, you forgot to pick up your HEV suit, and waited for Barney to do it. You can skip it by pushing the button and stepping into the suit. I didn't measure if it's faster. Did you try it?

Back