HL Condition Zero To Use New HL2 "Source" Engine

S

Sir Dingo

HL Condition Zero To Use New HL2 "Source" Engine ?

What are the chances in hell that a miracle may happen, and Valve have been delaying Condition Zero, because they switched the game engine over to the new HL2 "Source" code ?

If that is true, then I'll be first in line to buy CZ, but if it still uses the same old engine, I see no point what so ever in even selling the game, because come Sept 30, HL2 will go on sale, with it's own multiplayer goodness :)

small i am afraid.

I read in an interview somewhere recently that CZ is gona be out before september 20th or sumthin. I dont remember exactly so dont quote me. But soon anyway :(. I mean :D lol

I'm pretty sure Valve has specifically said that CS:CZ won't be on the Source Engine. I do however, think that the release may be hampered if it's too close to HL2. I would assume though that Valve is relying on the popularity of CS alone to drive CS:CZ sales. For those that want better visuals without having to do a serious upgrade, like they might for HL2.

Originally posted by Sirius
I'm pretty sure Valve has specifically said that CS:CZ won't be on the Source Engine. I do however, think that the release may be hampered if it's too close to HL2. I would assume though that Valve is relying on the popularity of CS alone to drive CS:CZ sales. For those that want better visuals without having to do a serious upgrade, like they might for HL2.

I just dont understand why they delayed the game over 1 year ? If CZ came out summer of 2002, the game would have been huge. But with HL2 just less than 10 weeks away, and it will ship with some type of multiplayer, I hope more advanced than just plain deathmatch, I see no reason in picking it up ?

Anyway, what is the big secret on HL2 multiplayer ? Any guesses ?

Delay was caused by when Gearbox was dropped in favor of some other game company to develop CZ.

They switched again from dev team so for now the 3rd team is working on CS: CZ. :( They can't just switch over to the VSource engine because the first developers of CS: CZ said that they want it to make CS 1.6 compatible. That is why we all have to wait that long for 1.6.

edit: these 2 pictures are the latest showen to the world. yes, they gfx are crap!

1057762150_0.jpg

1057762150_1.jpg

HL2 will be the best game, but Halo will outpass ot on multiplayer

How do you know Gorgon?

Valve haven't said anything about the HL2 multiplayer yet.

OMMMG those graphics look like they got pulled out of gabe's fat ****

Originally posted by Gorgon
HL2 will be the best game, but Halo will outpass ot on multiplayer

I hated halo multi.

CZ will kick ass. HL2's multi won't be CS... heh. And when and if a CS2 comes out on the source engine that will also kick ass.

And for the HL engine those 2 pics look pretty damn good.

IT wont if Gabe eats all the copies of half life 2.

Hey calm down - im just making a really bad fat joke.

Originally posted by GLMinorThreat
CZ will kick ass.

ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOFLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAO

guys... gabe pwnz j00 with his bl00bzer sk1lz so as 1337'ers say f00k 0ff

Originally posted by Fatboy Gabe
OMMMG those graphics look like they got pulled out of gabe's fat ****

So do regular HL1 graphics, but you dont see anybody else complaining. Personally I have been waiting a long ass time for singleplayer counterstrike

Why do you people have such misleading thread subjects? I clicked cuz it seemed like they already announced that it switched engines, turns out this moron is just speculating... So god damn annoying.

Why do you people have such misleading thread subjects? I clicked cuz it seemed like they already announced that it switched engines, turns out this moron is just speculating... So god damn annoying.

and if that were true, we would probably be looking at a delay until at least mid-2k4; look what happened just because Gearbox got pulled out...

i followed the release of CS:CZ until midjune. they said it would be out by the end of may. did gearbox change developers from ritual?

they said a while back.. if CS:CZ dosent meet its deadline.. then they would put it with the HL2 engine

Condition Zero is dead.. seriously, who wants to play a revamped version of Counter-Strike? Counter-Strike was great and still is to some extent, but seriously, the buy system is just plain retarded now. How many Counter-Terrorists have to 'buy' their own equipment to hunt terrorists? And what's the point of detonating a bunch of crates? Kill a hostage, lose some money? Whatever. RavenShield is the best Counter-Terrorism game out right now, with alot more weapons and options and 100x better graphics. I am looking more too Athena's Sword then Condition Zero, because in all honesty, CZ is worth Zero. Maybe as a free download to HalfLife like all the other mods, but not worth the price of a cd.

I just hope they will port to the Source engine cause they just drag too long to release CZ. And I believe there is still people who are going to buy CZ, maybe because of CS's fame...

I once look forward to it, but now... haha, Halflife 2 is the way to go, maybe someone will mod a hl2 Counter-strike theme thingy again..

Alot of people aint gonna buy cs: cz because the crappy gfx. These gfx are 5 years old. I don't see much improvement with cs: cz screenshots and hl1 media.

I'd have to agree with Taz, the game was delayed for years and switched developers 3 times already... how good could it get? In all truth, counter-strike was never meant to be played single-player.

I think Ritual should have added more to Cz then a dumb Sp and some updated graphics. This does not justify spending 40$. I remember when Gearbox was still making the game, how excited i was about the new grenades, those guns, and that shield.

But is is a year later and the game might as well be delayed forever because it will probably flunk... not to mention that Half-life 2 is coming out on the same timeframe.

There was once a rumour that HL2 was going to be delayed because they didn't want to conflict with CZ's release. Gabe sent an email (somewhere) saying that it would never happen. CZ was on track, and if by chance it did slip significantly there wouldn't be any point in releasing it, so they would just port it to Source and release it later.

I'll see if I can dig up the reference.

The CZ player models look better than most, anyways :p

CS:CZ isn't being ported. If it was we would know about it. Because they would say "hey guess what everyone, the game is delayed another year so we can update everything for the Source engine!"

djkanuk is right, i saw that interview as well (just confirming that it's true, not a rumor, and did come from Gabe)

Damn you people are a bunch of douchebags. I don't know why I even come here. Go eat some ass while you wait to play your HL2, CZ will still be awesome. I don't want it for the single player.

HL's multi blew until CS, and DoD.

So until HL2 has CS 2, and DoD 2. Who ****in' cares about its multi?

Originally posted by rootbin
graphics whores.

Yeah, you wouldn't be saying that if you actaully had a system that could play something with good graphics, and who would really wanna play a game that looks like it was made by Activision Value, thats just lame. We have the Technology why not take advantage of it?

people say graphics aren't everything, ide have to disagree. better graphic engines increase gameplay alot. although I would say gameplay is most important, but how far can you really go with the HL1 engine. Its maxed out.

- Larger More detailed maps. (more objects to take cover behind, instead of hiding 15 CTs behind a gaint crate or piller)

- Better Shadow effects (hide shadows to hunt down your enemys, or possibly some really interesting night missions)

- More Detailed hit location (see exactally where you shot your foe)

and these are just to name a few.

CS has done this well.... so far with its graphics. And you are graphics whores.

Here are my systems specs... just so you're not like "omg you're just mad cuz U can't run Hl2!"

Asus A7N8X Deluxe
1 Gig of Corsair 3200 DDR TwinX(Dual Channel)
Radeon 9800 Pro
AMD Athlon 3000+
SLK 800 Thermalright, with some ThermalTake 80mm fan
80 gig 7200 rpm WD 8mb Cache
80 gig 7200 rpm seagate

Eh nothing else is that important... none of its OC'd doesn't need to be yet IMO.

3D mark scores mean jack.

Back