HL:S available to play Nov. 16th??

aeroripper

Tank
Reaction score
Now if i buy the silver edition tonight and it says HL:S is included... now is HL:S gonna be unlocked for all to play on nov 16th.. or is it still not finished and we may hafta end up waiting a lot longer to play it?

I don't see VUgames putting "I owe you one game" notes in every CE box so I would say yes, but I could be wrong :rolling:

lol i owe you one game notes

I just got done buying the silver version off steam... preloading CS:S now...

man, i really hope the modders will do a good job with HL:S

Actually VU could include a note that says HL: S will be available on Steam soon (since you have to use Steam to play HL2) and get around actually releasing it on the 16th.

Just thought you guys might like to know that possibility.

i really should of bought silver, can i still upgrade??

(i hope)

Capello as far as I know you can upgrade yeah. But I havent tried since I have Silver and dont really want Gold. :p

I'm sure it won't be available by the 16th idk. I hope but we'll see.

hls is finished tegether with the 1st half life 2 rc they send an rc of css and hls. so iam sure it will be playable on the 16th

Well, HL:source needs to be done in order for the CE to come out. As far as I know that's coming out on November 16th as well, so it SHOULD be available on Steam on that date.

Yeah, what killa and kage said.

Half-Life: Source was given to VUG along with HL2 and CS:S in the first release candidate. So I would assume that when "Half-Life 2" went gold, all three went gold, so that they could be packaged together for the CE.

axeil has a good point though, it's possible that you have to get HL:source from steam, even if you buy the ce. However, I would assume not.

Now here's a good question. Since CS:S is finished, we can download and play it. We've downloaded HL2, but we can't play it till it touches a retail shelf, due to contracts. But if HL:S is finished too, and it's not bound by contracts, then why can't we at least download it? if not play it now too?

it would be nice if Valve released HL:S for us to play before HL2 so we can continue with HL2 where we left of on HL:S :)

I just dont feel like playing through HL again on a 6 year old engine :\

Back