• with better graphics and ai probaly just about HL 2

Votes: 4 4.2%
  • Hl 1 because its superb nothing could beat it

Votes: 3 3.1%
  • How the hell would i know the game ent out yet

Votes: 71 74.0%

• Total voters
chewysplace said:
umm if you forgot, Halo 1 came out about 2 years ago. so it was 2 years in the making before HL2.

yeah nuff said.
What? If it was two years in the making before HL2, that means they spent 5 years making it. And I hardly think they went around showing of all their shiny new features to everyone until maybe a year before release.
And, looking at Halo, I seriously doubt that they spent 5 years making it...

technicaly it was about 3.5 years. but they were due for a PC release them Microshaft grabed it for the Xbox. so they had to redoo code to make shure the Xbox could handle it.

chewysplace said:
technicaly it was about 3.5 years. but they were due for a PC release them Microshaft grabed it for the Xbox. so they had to redoo code to make shure the Xbox could handle it.
Yes, so that means that Valve started development of HL2 before the Halo team started making Halo, non?
Anyways, the features you spoke of are pretty standard, and therefore can't really be viewed as rip-offs.
And I still stand fast by that any rip-off that makes a game better is a good rip-off.

Ok get this straight, Halo sucks on PC... its slow and it has a wierd 2Dish feel to it.

i dont see anything that links Halo to HL2. apart from it being a computer game, hah.
Why dont we finish this topic when HL2 comes out, yes? (if it ever comes out)

EDiT :

You really cant get originality anymore with all these FPS games.

It should be obvious to anyone that Chewy doesn't know what he's talking about, come on, folks. :p

Back