HL2 and 360 controller?

R

ripsta22

Anyone know of anyway to use the usb xbox 360 controllr with hl2?

ive downloaded the drivers from www.windowsgaming.com, seen a few posts around about using an old xbox controller with the converter but nothing on this.

thanks

Theres a simple little tool called joytokey which basically when you press a button on your joystick it will take it and send a keyboard or mouse signal of your choice. It can also send repeating signals.
http://www.electracode.com/4/joy2key/JoyToKey English Version_files/jtk374en.zip

Just plug in the 360 controllers, once it is detected by windows load up this. Then click on
-"Create new Configuration File"
-Type in the name you want it as
-Then click on the Others Tab(Right of the screen)
-Change number of Joysticks to 1, and if you want to modify the threshold(if you don't know what it is, don't)
-Click on "This Axes other than X and Y"
-Click on use POV switches(If something dosn't work just disable this)
-Then click on Joysticks Tab

Just double click on whatever button you want to assign something. You can assign it up to 3 different keyboard commands or a mouse command.

Axis X and Y should modify one joystick and 3/4 the other. Then PoV1 should modify the pad.
I know I run KOTOR with a controller, and it gives no controller support on the pc. It automatically saves for you btw.

i tried your link for joytokey, and it doesnt work too well with the 360 controller unless im doing something wrong, but i dont understand how to work it

Back