HL2 and BF42 issue maybe?

mongoloido

Reaction score
A friend forced me to jump into a BF42 game (I really wanted to kill them gunships in the prison, darnit!!!) a few minutes ago. My sound is super choppy now and the only change I've made to my system has been to flash my dvd firmware and to install HL2. Anybody else notice this problem? Any idea what the link is or how to fix it? If I have to choose, I'll take HL2, but I'd sure like to get both running tip top.

btw: the choppy sound is in BF42, not HL2. Just wanted to clear that up.

interesting, I DO have bf9142 installed now that you mention it

What you mean by super choppy? You mean the video is stuttering or just the sound crackling? Be more specific please. Also what sound card you got?

sorry.

audigy ls card

and none of the sounds in the game will play in their entirety. i'll press the enemy submarine spotted and be lucky to hear "ene..."

I've unistalled and reinstalled the drivers. I'm wondering if there's maybe an audio codec or something from the HL2 install that my card has problems with while playing BF42.

Unfortunately, I understand enough about computers to realize how little I understand about them.

Games do not install new drivers or codecs for you without asking for your permission so whatever you have done to your computer was your own doing and nothing to do with hl2.

Back