HL2 and Grenades

Reaction score
I was replaying HL1 today when I thought of something. In HL1, on the "Hard" difficulty level, regular hand grenades don't pack quite as big of a punch as you would think. Even an almost perfect nade does not kill most aliens/military in one blast. Which is cool... but I was watching the bink "barricade" video the other day and one of my favorite parts is when the player throws a nade behind cover at 2 columbine and they come flying out because of the blast. The physics are awesome. But I'm assumign that was on "easy" difficulty level. So, my whole point is are nades going to be a lot more effective this time around? It woudl be pretty unrealistic to throw a nade one time, doesn't kill the baddy, and then the second time it sends him flying.

Just something to ponder . . . guess we'll have to wait till Nov 16th.

maybe it will send him flying, but not kill him, he'll just get up and come right back at you... and he'll be really pissed... cuz you threw a grenade at him (which isn't very nice)

That kind of turns me off, I know HL2 isn't supposed to be realistic, but in real life a grenade wouldn't throw somebody 20ft in the air. Although HL2 is set in the future, so maybe the grenades in HL2 are better.

I remembers in the tunnels bink when that ant lion guard hits Gordon he goes flying...

Dsty2001 said:
That kind of turns me off, I know HL2 isn't supposed to be realistic, but in real life a grenade wouldn't throw somebody 20ft in the air. Although HL2 is set in the future, so maybe the grenades in HL2 are better.
yeah...like mega-grenades... MEGRENADES!

i dont think it will kill him... that is just one of the settings usually in harder difficulty in games... but i dont konw who knows really until we play the game

-merc

Dsty2001 said:

Yeah, rockets would though. They're concussive. Anyhow, the real question is which will be more fun? In that case, i'd definately go with bodies flying 20 feet in the air. =]

in real life a grenade would usually knock you down, and tear off a limb or two... depending on which way the grenade blew up, (think claymores blow out a certain way, maybe some grenades do to?).

think of it this way...a grenade goes off by your leg, the shockwave rips your leg off, and sends u flying a few feet (maybe 20,lmao), however if you were to lay on a grenade it would probably blow you in half.

Ryjalon5k said:
in real life a grenade would usually knock you down, and tear off a limb or two... depending on which way the grenade blew up, (think claymores blow out a certain way, maybe some grenades do to?).

think of it this way...a grenade goes off by your leg, the shockwave rips your leg off, and sends u flying a few feet (maybe 20,lmao), however if you were to lay on a grenade it would probably blow you in half.
yep. that's probably about right. and that WILL ruin your whole day.

I'm going to test the Bird AI and the Grenades at the same time. :E

lol, in the revenholm vid i was hoping that guy could hit a bird with a sign in the beginning of the movie.

Runner said:
lol, in the revenholm vid i was hoping that guy could hit a bird with a sign in the beginning of the movie.

he was probably trying to. he just SUCKED

No, not particularly realistic, but alot more fun. And I think, seeing as this isn't a future-dystopia-aliens-freedom-fighter sim and just a future-dystopia-aliens-freedom-fighter action game, fun is what we should hope for :)

Back