HL2 beta, re-download ?

Will you re-download HL2 beta ?

• Yes, I want to see what didnt make it to the final game.

Votes: 20 36.4%
  • No, I dont care.

Votes: 35 63.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have it burned on DVD somewhere... I have no regrets playing the leak.. it's a different game than HL² really... it had other enemies, other weapons, other levels..

I loved the part with the gas tanks that would fly away when you hit them at one end (at the valve ;)) and the whole boat with launcher for them, and how you got to pick them up with a magnetic crane.. did you know that crane even attracted grenades? man, had a lot of fun there :p

and many other stuff with the bullsquid and the itchyosour

but the most fun of all was the stickylauncher.. put 500 blobs on a barrel and watch them explode rapidly one by one and see the barrely fly through the level.. and weld giant constructions to act as a guide for such barrels...

Because of the leak, HL² was a bit of a dissapointment, as you'd expect more from it from what you saw in the leak. but aside from that, I have no regrets whatsoever playing it. even multiplayer was fun (using a third party voice system so I could comunicate with the other persons)

also for people that don't have it yet: the 'fixed' version is actually worse and has less content than the unfixed one (no clue why), and you have to know your way around the console, because you cant just press new game and start playing :)

BETA SPOILERS:

Alphabetically from my screenies as im lazy :)

Cguard: some kind of physics gun, or just makes explosions.
cgaurd.jpg

Fire Extinguisher: makes a noise, no gas, not sure if it does anything.
extinguisher.jpg

Hopwire: By far the coolest weapon.
Few seconds after being thrown...
hop1.jpg

When all the wires are deployed...
hop2.jpg

And another example coz its that damn cool.
hop3.jpg

Iceaxe:
iceaxe.jpg

Molotov: Erm, the model doesnt work, (it shows a headcrab in your hands.) but when thrown the model is shown and it blows up. The little green things the molotov if you cant see it.
molotov.jpg

OICW: Nice gun, secondary is a nightvision like zoom. Bit pointless when youve got the smg and pulse rifle, but still wouldve been nice.
OICW.jpg

Sniper rifle: Works, zooms really far too.
Unzoomed:
snip1.jpg

Zoomed once:
snip2.jpg

Zoomed twice:
snip3.jpg

Stunbaton:
stun.jpg

Handheld Tau Cannon:
taucannon.jpg

Stickylauncher doesnt have a model, but it fires stickly globs (just purple semi spheres on my version) which all detonate when you press the secondary fire. Quite cool.

Theres also a bunch of monster models and stuff you can view in the model viewer. Quite groovy.

yea, where is the hydra in the stolen build?

I've never seen it..only the tunnels video.

I want to see some of the enemies that were cut from the full game. Anyone know where I can find some screenshots?

Can anyone send me a link to a website I can get the leak to kerryljr<at>earthlink.net please? Thank you.

auron said:
Can anyone send me a link to a website I can get the leak to kerryljr<at>earthlink.net please? Thank you.

NO. All of you guys are going to get banned, especially the guy who posted screenshots. Not be mean, but stop asking for links to get the leak or screenshots from the leak. This site does not allow images or links to illegal files.

Moto-x_Pat said:
NO. All of you guys are going to get banned, especially the guy who posted screenshots. Not be mean, but stop asking for links to get the leak or screenshots from the leak. This site does not allow images or links to illegal files, so quit asking for them.

Why dont you just shut up, no one is asking you, dont like this thread then leave.

SkylineGT-R34 said:
Why dont you just shut up, no one is asking you, dont like this thread then leave.

You have a serious temper problem man, you freak out at everybody for the dumbest crap. I'm just saying, if you post links or images, you get banned. Ask the moderators, read the rules.

Calm down.

Moto-x_Pat said:
You have a serious temper problem man, you freak out at everybody for the dumbest crap. I'm just saying, if you post links or images, you get banned. Ask the moderators, read the rules.

Calm down.

But its ok for you to PM me and ask right ?

Today, 02:31 AM
Moto-x_Pat
Prowler Join Date: Feb 2004

question

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How did you get the E3 maps to work? Mine crash to the desktop. Where did you get it?

LOL thats great. I dont think there is a problem with posting the images. Maybe they were cut out for the next Half Life.....

Moto-x_Pat said:
NO. All of you guys are going to get banned, especially the guy who posted screenshots. Not be mean, but stop asking for links to get the leak or screenshots from the leak. This site does not allow images or links to illegal files.

I'm not asking them to post a link. Thats why I gave my email address.

SkylineGT-R34 said:
But its ok for you to PM me and ask right ?

Today, 02:31 AM
Moto-x_Pat
Prowler Join Date: Feb 2004

question

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How did you get the E3 maps to work? Mine crash to the desktop. Where did you get it?

Look man. If you just PM somebody without notification in a thread beforehand asking for it, It's okay. I asked you in private without letting you know in the thread that we were using beforehand. If you ask for it in a public thread, you make the message available for all to see.

I wasn't asking for a direct link. It's just that I only could find one working download link on the whole internet. On my version of the leak, the E3 maps do not work, but you said yours do. I'm curious as to why yours work if there is only one working download on the whole internet and mine don't work.

There isnt one working download on the whole internet. In fact theres loads of different versions. Deltas has the Borealis bits and other things in (I recall him mentioning boats and stuff earlier) while i dont. Not everyone has the exact same content, which is why its much easier to get help and support with fully released games.

Hes right tho, dont start requesting files, that is stupid.

God dammit! QUIT CALLING IT THE BETA! IT'S NOT A BETA, IT'S THE LEAKED COPY! :flame:

Moto-x_Pat said:
Me?

Yea YOU are right about what you said about requesting stuff.
Also Moto, on which map doesnt Hydra work ?

The problem is I cant find any version at all that isn't just a scam. A point in the right direction would be nice, a website with it or anything.

SkylineGT-R34 said:
Yea YOU are right about what you said about requesting stuff.
Also Moto, on which map doesnt Hydra work ?

Okay, cool.

I don't know about the Hydra, my E3 maps don't work, they either shut my computer down or crash to the desktop. I can only get E3_techdemo_2 and 5 to work. The rest of the maps are so buggy that they're not worth playing. Although I did see that part of Ravenholm where there's a pile of burning zombies and you first see Father Gregori...only there was no pile of zombies...or fire...or Father Gregori. Actually the whole map would be about the scale size of a handicapped public bathroom stall.

Moto-x_Pat said:
Okay, cool.

I don't know about the Hydra, my E3 maps don't work, they either shut my computer down or crash to the desktop. I can only get E3_techdemo_2 and 5 to work. The rest of the maps are so buggy that they're not worth playing. Although I did see that part of Ravenholm where there's a pile of burning zombies and you first see Father Gregori...only there was no pile of zombies...or fire...or Father Gregori. Actually the whole map would be about the scale size of a handicapped public bathroom stall.

I dont know all those maps work for me, but... you know what, the current HL2 is alot better, it is too bad they cut the bullsquid out and some others, but all in all, I think its a wise choise.
I took few pics of the bullsquid source, but I cant find where it saved the pics to.

The Fassassin looks like it was oringally one of the last type of combine guys(in white).
The last one looks like an early model of the dudes you see in the citadel.
The middle one..i'm not sure..

Thread: Closed
Reason: People are asking where to get the leak, Illegal content being posted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back